Will my doctor fill my Rx over the phone?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by xLeFinx, Feb 1, 2009.

1. does2

does2 Member

Does that mean having a finished CWE would yield a harsher punishment than having just a few Vicodin?

Speaking from the stand point of someone who has no prescription.

2. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

I don't have the slightest clue. Don't mark my words on it, but I'm 90% sure it's a CI without an NSAID.

I had no idea how harsh the punishments were for selling even a CIII. I saw a show on spike the other day, and some guy sold 90 tabs ( he was prescribed them through " dr. hopping " as they call it) to an undercover DEA agent, and it's 25 years mandatory minimum

3. does2

does2 Member

FUUUUUUU-

4. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

Wow, it's actually a CII alone. I could have sworn I saw somewhere it was a CI

5. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Oxycodone alone isn't even CI...why on earth would Hydrocodone be?

I don't think that any prescribed opiate is considered a CI. CI is reserved for illegal drugs, isn't it?

Also, a 25 year sentence for selling CIII meds, but not even close to that for selling a CI?

No.

6. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Yeah, I can't stand things like involving family... Especially if I had kids. But, its just some douche trolling online. If it was on the street, that'd be a different tune to jam to.

7. LegendInHisTime

LegendInHisTime Member

They is no such thing as hydrocodone prescribed alone in the united states unless it was illegally imported from elsewhere hydrocodone is only on the list as a schedule III I guess in a small way you could say its a schedule 1 since in the states hydrocodone alone is illegal its not on the official list though so I don't know where your getting that from

source wikipedia

Schedule I controlled substances

Main article: List of Schedule I drugs

"Placement on schedules; findings required

Except ... The findings required for each of the schedules are as follows:

(1) Schedule I.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision." [9]

No prescriptions may be written for Schedule I substances, and such substances are subject to production quotas by the DEA.

Under the DEA's interpretation of the CSA, a drug does not necessarily have to have the same abuse potential as heroin or cocaine to merit placement in Schedule I (in fact, cocaine is currently a Schedule II drug due to limited medical use):[8]

When it comes to a drug that is currently listed in schedule I, if it is undisputed that such drug has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and it is further undisputed that the drug has at least some potential for abuse sufficient to warrant control under the CSA, the drug must remain in schedule I. In such circumstances, placement of the drug in schedules II through V would conflict with the CSA since such drug would not meet the criterion of "a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States." 21 USC 812(b).

Sentences for first-time, non-violent offenders convicted of trafficking in Schedule I drugs can easily turn into de facto life sentences when multiple sales are prosecuted in one proceeding.[9] Sentences for violent offenders are much higher.

Drugs in this schedule include

* gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), which has been used as a general anaesthetic with minimal side-effects[citation needed] and controlled action but a limited safe dosage range. It was placed in Schedule I in March 2000 after widespread recreational use. Uniquely, this drug is also listed in Schedule III for limited uses, under the trademark Xyrem;
    * 12-Methoxyibogamine (Ibogaine), which has been used in opiate addiction treatment and psychotherapy.
    * Cannabis (includes cannabinoids found in marijuana, hashish, and hashish oil). Controversy exists about its placement in Schedule I. Main article: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
    * Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), which is found in small quantities in the human brain but is pharmacologically active in larger quantities.
    * Heroin (Diacetylmorphine), which is used in some European countries as a potent pain reliever in terminal cancer patients, and as second option, after morphine. (It is about twice as potent, by weight, as morphine.)
    * Other strong opiates and opioids used in many other countries, or even in the USA in previous decades for palliation of moderate to severe pain such as nicomorphine (Vilan), dextromoramide (Palfium), ketobemidone (Ketalgin), dihydromorphine (Paramorfan), piritramide (Dipidolor), diacetyldihydromorphine (Paralaudin), dipipanone (Wellconal), phenadoxone (Heptalgin) and many others.
    * Weak opioids used for relief of moderate pain, diarrhea, and coughing such as benzylmorphine (Peronine), nicocodeine (Tusscodin), thebacon, tilidine (Valoron), meptazinol (Meptid), propiram (Algeril), acetyldihydrocodeine and others.
    * Pholcodine, a weak opioid cough suppressant with negligible abuse potential which is available over-the-counter in many other countries.
    * MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, Ecstasy), which continues to be used medically, notably in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (approved by the FDA for PTSD use in 2001). The medical community originally agreed upon placing it as a Schedule III substance, but the government denied this suggestion, despite two court rulings by the DEA's administrative law judge that placing MDMA in Schedule I was illegal. It was temporarily unscheduled after the first administrative hearing from December 22, 1987 - July 1, 1988.[10]
    * Psilocybin, the active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms;
    * 5-MeO-DIPT (Foxy / Foxy Methoxy / 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine)
    * Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD / Acid)
    * Peyote, a cactus growing in nature primarily in northeastern Mexico; one of the few plants specifically scheduled, with a narrow exception to its illegal status for religious use by members of the Native American Church;
    * Mescaline, the main psychoactive ingredients of the peyote, san pedro, and Peruvian torch cacti;
    * Methaqualone (Quaalude, Sopor, Mandrax), a sedative that was previously used for similar purposes as barbiturates, until it was rescheduled;
    * 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine (STP / DOM), a psychotropic hallucinogen that rose to prominence in 1967 in San Francisco when it appeared in pill form (known as "STP", in doses as high as four times the amounts previously considered "safe") on the black market;
    * Tetrahydrogestrinone (THG / "The Clear"), an anabolic progestegenic androgen first created by the BALCO athletic supplement company that was the drug of choice for athletes using steroids due to its "invisibility" in standard steroid screening tests until 2003, when Trevor Graham provided a sample to the United States Anti-Doping Agency for use in creating a screening test; banned by the FDA for medical use and added to Schedule I in 2003;
    * 2C-T-7 (Blue Mystic / T7), a psychotropic entheogen;
    * 2C-B (Nexus / Bees / Venus / Bromo Mescaline), a psychotropic hallucinogen and aphrodisiac;
    * Cathinone (β-ketoamphetamine), a monoamine alkaloid found in the shrub Catha edulis (Khat);
    * AMT (alpha-methyltryptamine), an anti-depressant from the tryptamine family with hallucinogenic properties; first developed in the Soviet Union and marketed under the brand name Indopan;
    * Bufotenin (5-OH-DMT), a naturally-occurring tryptamine with hallucinogenic and aphrodisiac properties; named for the Bufo genus of toads whose venom contains the chemical;[11]
    * Benzylpiperazine (BZP), a synthetic drug with a slight resemblance to MDMA and stimulant effects 10 times less potent than amphetamine (though it was mistakenly said to be 10 times more addictive than amphetamine at the drug's schedule hearing).
    * DXO, active metabolite of Dextromethorphan, NMDA antagonist. [12]
    * Controlled Substance Analogs intended for human consumption (as defined by the Federal Analog Act)

8. Feelings Of U4ia

I think the same penalties for a CII might happen, but I doubt someone would get charged with CI.

9. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

I get my 10mg Norcos filled every 2 weeks.and they are called in over the phone. And I see my PM Doc. every 4 months. Same with my C11 script, He has my script waiting at the office every 2 weeks for me to pick up. So you can have more than 5 refills within a 6 month period..Infact I get 8 refils every 4 months without seeing my doc..
    As far a family doc you usually only get a script with 1 or 2 refills before you have to see him again..
    As far as your tram"s just call him and ask for a refill.. Can't hurt to ask.
    Sorry Feelings,
    You might be right. I misread your post,Yes more than 5 refill is illegal, Thats why my doc just has me call every 2 weeks for another refill..Cause I only see him every 4 months, so he couldn't give me that many refills..

10. Feelings Of U4ia

^I was going off what the law says. If your doctor does that for you, be happy, but it's illegal according to the law...

11. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

C1 are reserved for cocaine, herion Meth and all the other high grade shit.Its reserved for drugs with high abuse and not really used in the medical community. Oh ya and pot to is a C1..

12. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

Yep your right, thats why they mix it with APAP. Also in the US you can only get hydrocodone up to 15mg and mixed with APAP to keep it a C111

13. Eric1989

Eric1989 Member

Meth and yayo are actually CII's. Meth is used, rarely, as a treatment for severe ADD. Cokes used as an anasthetic

And the penalties for drugs aren't determined by their scheduling. I could get caught with a gram of weed, a CI, and get off with a fine, if that. I get caught with a gram of coke, a CII, and it's a felony.

14. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

Legend, they actually do have hydrocodone only pills. They prescribe them for dogs though for Kennel Cough and pain in dogs. I know they also prescribe Morphine to dogs.

15. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

Found out the Hydrocodone pills for dogs. They're called Hydocan, it comes in either 5mg pills or in a cough liquid. No apap or ibuprofen.

I'm not sure how easy they would be to get. I know you need a dog but I don't know if your dog has to be coughing when you take him to a vet to get the pills.

But if I had a dog that actually had Kennel Cough, I'd just have the pills for him. But it could be possible to bring a healthy dog to the vet and tell him that your dog has bad coughing problems at night.

I probably sound like some asshole talking about taking a dog's meds, but like I said, I wouldn't do it to a dog that was actually sick. I love animals too much to take medicine they would actually need.

16. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Go to the vet and tell them your dog is scared of thunderstorms. Instant xanax/valium script.

17. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

Dude your killing me,:)
    You don't have to be a dog to get hydrocan cough syrup..
    Go to your doctor around this time of year with a cough and tell him you have a bad cough and have tried everything with no avail. And WALA you get a script of Hydrocan or Tussinex :D
    Also they do give bogs Fent patches to. Had a friend that use to go through the vets dumpster and find used patches..
    Then he would smoke the gel...To each there own. I thought about it but haven't been desperate to go through garbage LOL :eek: