Will it work?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Diver City, May 31, 2004.

1. Diver City

Diver City Member

I like this girl at my school, and she likes me as well. We have started talking and hanging out more often for the past 2 months. She has said that she really likes me and I've told her the same.
    However, I've had to recently tell her that i smoke pot. She doesn't smoke pot and has nothing to do with drugs. Ive been around drugs my whole life (everyone in my family gets high). She hasn't been exposed to it and is a little shy when talking about it. She says she still likes me the same even though i smoke, but that she doesn't really want to date me because I do. She is very reluctant to burn with me as I have asked her to before. She said she still might date me, but not right now.
    Is there any chance that this might work out? We both really like each other, but we have differing views on drugs. Should I really try to get her to smoke with me? What should I do muahahah??!

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

nope. Not if your getting her to smoke with you.

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

respect the fact she does her own thing as you do yours. Don't smoke around her, don't bring it up and don't ask her. Do it on your own time. If she would like to she can come to you. In the meantime if you'd like a relationship with her you have to remeber that relationships envolve compromise, not all two people are alike and that you both have to respect each others feelings. Good luck!

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

yeah dude, at some point in your life, youre not gonna want to smoke everyday anyway. just take a break from it. do it once or twice a month, you'll live. see what this girls all about, it could be good for you, and pots just a diversion. you'd be amazed how much fun sobriety can be . .. this comin from someone who luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvs pot.

5. Hrt of a Hippie

Hrt of a Hippie Member

I think that your relationship with her shouldn't be based on the fact that you smoke pot and she doesn't. You both like each other for the person you see inside each other. She liked you before she new that you smoked pot. Pot is something people do, not who they are. If she isn't willing to see that, as the question, is she worth it?
    Also, don't push her to do something that she doesn't want to do. That's just never cool. I honestly don't think that this should be in issue. But then again I'm a strong liberal. My views are "wacked" out compared to others.
    My best advice to you is to let nature take its coarse. If you were meant to be together, even if it was for 2 weeks, it will happen. She might just have been brought into your life to give you a learning experience. Hey you never know. (Sorry that sounded preachy.)
    Paige

6. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I don't think you should try to get her to smoke with you. If she chooses to want to have nothing to do with drugs, you should respect her decisions/beliefs and not push anything upon her. If you like her so much, you'll respect her.

Good luck!<3
    -Eryn