will cigarett filters block THC?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by brega, Mar 8, 2008.

1. brega

brega Member

i want to fill a cigarett with weed, but will the filter block most of the THC out?

2. nesta

nesta Banned

much of it.

not the just the THC, but most of the materials in the smoke (all the "resin")

it will still get you high. i've done it once or twice and gotten buzzed.

but it DOES remove a LOT of stuff from the smoke. a lot of "bad" stuff as well as a lot of "desirable" stuff.

so whether its worth it or not is up to you.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

but with most tailor made cigarettes, the filter is tightly in place but by no means glued in or anything. take a tweezer and pull the filter out. replace it with a rolled up springlike piece of cardboard. cut a strip out of a business card or food package or something....even the cigarette box will work if its tough.

this will allow much, much more of the smoke to get to you.

still, you're 28. just go to the store and get some papers, or better yet a pipe. much better idea, really.

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Yeah, just get some rizlas and something suitable for a roach and you're all set.

5. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Ive had this on my mind for a while now- couldnt you just get some scissors and once you roll the ciggaweed, cut the filter in halph- so to loose some of the tars, but still get me stoned- obviously I would not get as stoned af if it didnt have a filter but anyways, I dont see any reason why this wouldnt work?

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i doubt any 28y/o would be asking such a question...

7. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

Relax guys, he could be trying to be stealth in public.

8. floodhappy

floodhappy Member

juunts the only way to go

9. nesta

nesta Banned

then he's barking up the wrong tree. whether it looks like a cigarette or not, its not going to make a difference in being discrete. if you're smoking ANYTHING and it smells like pot around you, you'll be found out if someone is nearby.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

well....yeah....you COULD do that. but theres no reason. it will not make it "healthier" to smoke.

either way will allow some THC and other stuff to get through the filter. a shorter filter will filter less stuff out, including less THC. you're still losing effect though, and lets face it, weed is expensive.

its pointless to filter it. especially in light of the fact that despite tons of research there is still very flimsy evidence to support the claim that smoking pot will cause disease, and that there is not ONE death attributed to using marijuana (outside of accidents), and that there is not ONE documented case of marijuana being a direct cause of lung cancer.

in fact, it may end up being more harmful. one of the most harmful parts of smoking anything is inhaling carbon monoxide, which is a gas produced during combustion.

a filter will not remove a gas, but it will remove particles of other things (solids and liquids, essentially) when they cool on contact with the filter and stick there. all the poisonous gases will still come through, but you will be getting less THC and less high...you will need to smoke more, for the same effect. you'd be wasting money, and actually probably doing more harm to your body than good.

11. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

if you mix the tobacco with the mj it wont smell like pot

12. nesta

nesta Banned

yes it will. it will smell like pot and tobacco. you never walked into a room where people were smoking cigarettes and and weed at the same time? it still smells like weed. like weed and cigarettes.

13. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Hmm. I always mix my pot with tobacco and it always smells like pot.

14. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

just bite the tip of the filter with your teeth and pull it out and smoke, works fine, or pull filter out and replace with a piece of paper or a roach.