Will All Our Future Emotional Needs Be 'Synthesized', Some Day?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

As I've said before, I like to take a hopeful view of the future. I like the Star Trek series, partly for that reason. Though, unlike the prediction of the series, I don't think there will be a nuclear war some day, though. Humans are just too smart for that, I think. Don't you think?

Anyways, as I also have said before, I think the human race should largely get its act together by the middle of the next century. I actually think this may occur on or around the year 2160. I don't believe in numerology per se. But I do believe in cycles. And at least two that I have been following actually converge on the year 2160. Why not?

Anyways, I often do thought experiments, of what life would be like, in the future. It isn't hard to see, with human misery gone, we will be able to focus on a lot of other things. But some people might still be a little lonely, from time to time. That is where I think futuristic pharmacology may come to the rescue.

I am not talking about drugs. And I am not even talking about cannabis, or something similar to that. I think some day, scientists will find a way to fully recreate feelings that humans need, like love and companionship. Of course a healthy life consists of more than staying at home, sitting in a chair, enjoying these emotions. So I assume it will just supplement their already healthy lifestyle. But I still think it could help quite a bit.

Thoughts (esp. on the future)?

:)

2. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding you on all this. What cycles will converge?

3. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I've noticed, there seems to be an 80 and 90 year cycle of change. They both converge on 2160. Plus it just seems a likely choice, don't you think?

As long as we're talking about cycles, there's also a perfect square cycle I noted before on these boards. The next year that's a perfect square is 2025, interestingly.

Then there's the 111 year cycle. Even numerologists have noted this one. The year 1776 is divisible by 111, you know.

:)

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I feel like we get all of our emotional needs met through experiences. And it's interesting, because I actually have a relationship that is exclusively in an online environment as it were. We talk mostly on emails and on an application for messaging. It has its drawbacks, but we're happy and in love, and I find that most of my needs are met this way - I have fulfillment, or at least something that is satisfactory for me.

so what you were saying is that someday science will find a way to provide these things for us in ways that we haven't already thought of. I feel like there are ways that people get things that they need sort of like going to a massage parlor or something along those lines.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So.... Kinda like a "boot disk" to get you started in the morning...

I'll stick with coffee and a smoke, thank you.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think its synthesizing to utilize technology to create and explore when you're stuck in a city and don't own a car.
    well maybe for the exploring part.
    i'm not sure i understand, but i know there are some things that don't have the same spirit when emulated.
    different folks have different needs though.

i don't believe a day will ever come when one size fits all, regardless of level of technology.