Why won't my printer (an epson WF-2540 wireless printer) connect to my laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by shortstepmike, Jan 30, 2014.

1. shortstepmike

shortstepmike Guest

[FONT=&quot]My [/FONT][FONT=&quot]wired / wireless printer can`t seem to find my wi-fi connection, it can`t connect to my laptop. Or it will connect but when it's off, or the laptop is turned off...the connection is not established after being turned on again. The software from my epson wireless cd doesn't help solve the problem...my laptop is hp-pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC. The printer is next to the computer, and the wi-fi service is great where I live.
    The laptop is not connecting to wireless router, or any other do-hickies.
    [/FONT]

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If the printer is next to the computer use a cable...

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

If it is a wired as well as wireless printer, have you tried with it connected via a cable?
    Most printers are easier to set-up via a wired connection first so the router can identify the printer, then setting up the wireless aspect is easier, at least in my experience.
    I assume you are connecting your laptop via a cable as well considering you posted this.

You should also check any restrictions or filtering being done on the router.

Have you tried HP's solutions yet?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...veCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5158898

also make sure you didn't turn off the wireless adapter, hit the key with the "antenna" on it, that turns on/off the wireless adapter on most laptops.

4. shortstepmike

shortstepmike Guest

It works great when connected by USB wire.
    Have not checked any restrictions or filtering done on the router/computer yet....rechecked the connection instructions on computer and printer. Seems to be in order.
    Getting into the HP's solutions now....One says that The EPSON interface defaults to caps, change it to lowercase first, enter the password and then it will connect...well, will see.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I don't wish to be a killjoy, bot the OP has not logged onto HF since 2014. :yum:

When you rake up old threads, you can left click on any member. This brings up a small box on your screen that tells you when they were last online. If it does not show a date, you can click on to view their full details.

Regards, Wills.