why volenteer 4 forces

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by paulfreespirit, Jan 14, 2005.

1. goldmund

goldmund Member

I totally agree. Switzerland, for example, has one of the most effective militaries in world, yet it has sworn neutrality, unless invaded on their own soil. As I have said in other posts, it is supposed to be about "NATIONAL DEFENSE" not National Agression.

This doctrine of preemption is quite possibly one of the most short-sided, and potentially distabilizing military doctrines of all time.

2. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

I agree with you on this, I hope Im in the day we see this. I would love to serve in a military dedicated to the guarding of its country, and not a military dedicated to doing other countries duties. Non lethal weaponry is in the works. But its effectivness at this point is questionable. I someday hope to see our troops dedicating themselves to humanitarian mission instead of these kamakazee infiltration invasion techniques. But its the world we live in now, and all I can do is accept it.

3. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Funny ! I've met so many people that would rather die than join the military, well go on then ! I've met so many people that wouldn't under any circumstances join the military,Yet know ones even asked them to, yet they constantly repeat the line over and over again ... Why ?
    If you can't or wont contribute to your country one way, then contribute in another way, and I don't mean fighting for the citizens right to smoke marijuana , or wearing really baggy clothes and letting your hair grow into a matted clump, which you try and convince people are dreadlocks , also not washing is not conserving the environment , letting your kids run around filthy dirty with no shoes on ,is not teaching them individuality, come to think about it, all the things that hippies claim makes them individuals is the thing that makes them such conformist .... If you want to be an individual do some thing different ! get a job, maybe ?

Now if I have offended you, this letter is directed at you ... If you are none of the above then regret you even bothered to read this post .....

4. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I've a brilliant idea! Let's just completely disband the military! I'm sure we'd be perfectly safe... :rolleyes:

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We can wear aprons with peace signs on them... we'll do fine. [​IMG]

6. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

. you have have quoted soldiers are supposed to be for (then the sentence ends).suppose to be for what ? hmmmmmmm. as for can"t do without them (who are them)? . i agree that every one should protect their land if needs be /but come ed /you know and i know / the army at this present time are fighting ( under bush"s admin ) .. if you are against what bush is .then why be one of his toy soldiers ?. if i was in your shoes lad i would f l y off and see a bit of this bueatifull planet for 4 years. but there again i would/nt want to be in your shoes (no offence meant).. freedom is the best force to join / free to live in peace without gettin bullied. i also believe fightin for a lunatic (bush)and his cronies gives yer nightmares. / / peace /

7. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Had the sentence ended, there would have been a full stop. The soldiers are there for " Just in case - they are needed ".

Them, happen to be the soldiers ! Please don't tell me you're one of those people that think we don't need an army ?

Sorry if my grammar is weak , but I am Greek .... English is actually my third language after German ..

8. paulfreespirit

i do think we need an army of the people to keep der peace on this planet .i just happen to think that their are quite a few nutters running their country"s at the moment. i in no way would volenteer to join these armies . / regards / peace / ps i also have an accent and proud of it /so if my grammer s a bit weak i apologise

9. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Nutters !!! that's an understatement . It just defies reason why the Americans would vote that man back in ? when you say accent ,do you mean a Liverpool dialect , as in " ay leeeevit , orrrrrite " .We have two guy from Liverpool working for me, I can't understand a word they say , but they call me " scaly "( what does this mean ) they told me, but I want to know if it's true ....

10. paulfreespirit

scally means genuine sort of guy man. . / peace /

11. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Fhew !!!! That's reassuring ... Now I don't have to fire them ... LOL !!!! does everyone get that drunk every night in the UK ? I have never seen two humans drink so much alcohol in my entire life, and what amazes me is they're always on time for work the next morning......

12. paulfreespirit

we do tend to getta thirst man . / / thirst for peace also / peace

13. goldmund

goldmund Member

i can't believe he was reelected either (i am in Germany, but a US cit). I can't believe it. I think people just hated Kerry more than they hated Bush. As much as they didn't like what is happening in Iraq, Americans don't like to think that their gov is actually scandalous. Bush's ridiculous speaches, etc. kinda endeared him to the US public who don't like people who sound too smart. America likes a common man capable of uncomon things, like Carter (before he served): a peanut farmer who grew up to be a nuclear physicist.

14. paulfreespirit

because its a job (bollocks). is that what those evil bastards who turned the gas on convinced themselves of doing a job . also those who murdered peacefull people at kent state? (really had to defend themselves then didny) . i am glad your goin on a humanitarian assistance mission soon .hope you look deep into those poor peoples eyes and connect. / peace/

15. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Remember Rwanda? We didn't intervene, and our peace loving heroes Mui and Green thumb amused themselves with communist manifestos rather than joining the army, and no military industrial complex profits were made, to the relief of campaigner for justice Lick.

Only one problem - 800,000 people died.

Too bad we weren't neutral like Switzerland - imagine how many could have died in Bosnia, or Kosovo rather than being saved by our savage MIC killing machine. Imagine if Milosovic were still in power in Serbia. Imagine if the famine in Somalia hadn't been reduced by our Nazi stormtroopers AKA the US Army. Imagine if 50 million South Koreans were scraping moss off rocks for dinner and praising the Great Leader instead of suffering the horrors of capitalist democracy. Imagine if Saddam controlled Kuwait and had doubled his oil reserves - I'll bet he'd have all sorts of great plans, but we could always blame America for what he did. And wouldn't those Taiwanese have been happier experiencing the cultural revolution rather than suffering capitalist exploitation?

While we're at it, why don't we imagine that Western Europe was liberated by Stalin instead of the USA. Well, things would have turned out pretty much the same, right? After all, the evil American military occupied Germany and Japan, imposed political and economic systems on them, and they came out democratic and rich! What a disaster!

Remember - if you stand on the sidelines and demand utopia, you can never be wrong.

16. paulfreespirit

thats cool /now i am happy to pay my taxes / peace /

17. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Now that's a beautiful and emphatic statement.....

18. paulfreespirit

constitution of the us (whats that man)? sorry that sucks . also those of us with our ass on the line will be here (you choice) ? . i did /nt thank you for what ? . fighter for a lunatic " no thanks " ./ peace

19. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

all I understood there was "fighter for a lunatic,"
    I dont fight, never been asked to fight for anything. If im asked to fight, and I have to fight (in the air force.) its not for Bush. Its so I come back home safe, and my fellow airmen come home safe. The military doesn't run around all day dreaming about "murdering children, because it would please Jesus Bush.." I wish people would stop comparing it to that. Most people who are in iraq fighting, are serving there just to get it over with, and come home safe to their family. (not to mention because they were sent there, because they signed the dotted line, not many sane troops volenteer for iraq.)

20. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Not Dortmund by any chance ?( your name gives it away )

I used to live in dortmund, next to the Westfalen Park with a view of the turm ? I had a great time there ...