Why Traveling is essential to your Human Experience!!!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by paxandq, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

Travelling (especially backpacking) is wonderful. More people should do it.
    Especially those who may have been reliant on parents.
    Nobody to tell you what to do, cook, clean or launder for you. It’s all up to you to make it happen. Learn to make friends, to budget, plan a trip and learn to make the right choices.

A wonderful experience indeed.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Travelers are awesome! I have been traveling a long time. Never a tourist. I do not do tours. When I travel, I stay in a destination as long as possible and learn all I can about the culture at hand...

4 months in Morocco, 10 years in Europe, 6 months in Australia, 14 years in the Virgin Islands, and now I have been in Mexico for over a year!

Viva travelers! Keep on keeping on...

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Australia
    Austria
    Germany
    Poland
    Switzerland
    Norway
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Finland
    Czech Republic
    Slovakia
    America

I know im missing a few.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Tourists unfortunately are travellers too and they're a big drain on the environment. This will only increase in the near future

5. oxo

oxo Members

Travelling or having the opportunity to work abroad should, if given the chance, always be taken up as it gives you a good insight and broadens your views to others way of life, Some things you may appreciate and some you may not but thats what travelling gives you.

Cruising with respect is not travelling. It's only gives you a mere snapshot of places that you will have little time to get to know or even understand. The locals will tell you the best places to eat and sights to visit and for that you need time spent where they live.

Tourist can be a problem especially when they only visit for an hour or two, I always called them 'Get a photo to prove I was here' crowd

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

While considering the level of pollution produced when flying in commercial jets I have made the decision to not travel extensively anymore. Besides I am a bit older now, looking forward to relaxing in one well-chosen spot for the rest of my time here on Earth.

I know several others, personally and in the media who have also decided this. Some here on site, and someone famous in the news recently sailed to America and back to Europe instead of spewing toxic carbons. I support their decisions.

mysticblu21 and Asmodean like this.
  7. My cousin travelled from Melbourne to London where she is living now.
    I'm pretty rapt for her.

Thought you would enjoy holland mate. It's a nice place as i have rellies over there.

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Thought One "Asmo" Was One Too Many......BUT......Now It Appears There Is In Fact TWO OF THEM HERE..... :eek:

Fears Glen.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  9. oxo

oxo Members

No need to fear Glen. Just a fact that tourism has and does cause damage Venice being a prime example.

Years ago it was a beautiful place to stay. Locals were fine and wanted us there. Now they detest tourism but have been using tourist left right and centre. Hotels are crappily expensive as is the food and they will rip you off at every opportunity and why not when vistors blow in for a few hours. Complaining when back on aboard is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

The place reeks of decay both architecural and political and you can put that firmly at tourists door.

mysticblu21 and Asmodean like this.
  10. Hey @ZenKarma which country do you like better now that you have moved to holland?
    I read in another post in this thread that you have moved around the world a bit. That’s a lot of travelling.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Don't shoot the messenger :)