Why some people interfere.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Bilby, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I would attribute interference to be due to no moral compass. In my experience the best thing to do when someone interferes is to do nothing to maximise the inevitable damage.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I interfered when I saw one of my friends attempting to move an electrical socket;
    He just went off and made the tea while I did it for him.
    I wondered afterwards whether it was just a cunning way of him getting me to do the job for him. :yum::yum::yum:

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you can convince them they don't have to keep shaming themselves by their inconsiderateness, you will have done the monumental good deed of a lifetime.
    just don't expect to.

and if they kill themselves instead, because they'd rather do so then have a conscience,
    i'm a bit ambivilant, but i'm not convinced we should dam ourselves, or that the world would become a worse place.

whatever the op meant by interference, robbing each other of our own perspectives by telling someone else what to pretend about what is not known,
    is what interferes with perceiving and experiencing the rich diversity that is only intrinsic nature of reality.

reality being rocks and trees and galaxies, and not what people try to tell each other to pretend about unseen things.

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Interfere with what?

5. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

The decisions of someone else's life.

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. If I was left as a child to swim in the deep part of the ocean because my parents wanted to see if I'd swim, but someone else runs interference because "that's not the way to teach children" you have a question of morality that honestly is too much for me. We should just let government decide whether to run interference.

7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Interference can be a good thing--like interfering with a person beating a child or a dog, or trying to rape a woman.

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

If you are talking about the people that come to your door and try to thrust their believe system down your throat . You can do one of several different things. Smile until there done then say you have a nice day, by . Know the parts of the Bible that don't make sense and throw that at them . Keep asking stupid questions until they leave.