Why people need God and Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gravity, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Are you saying that you would want some type of benign oligarch or kingship?

How would these people be chosen or would they just take power?

What happens if they stop being benign?

I mean in history such system have invariably ended up being authoritarian, repressive or dictatorial.

Anyway it still doesn’t seem to resolve the problem outlined above – if these ‘elders’ or ‘honourable’ leader were to decide they didn’t want the children in there society to be abused sexually or physically and to make that decision clear they set up laws stating what they view as abuse and told people (lets call them police) to investigate any reported abuse aided by support agencies, wouldn’t that just be exactly the same as now?

2. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

YUP.

3. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Balbus. I reckon you know by now that I probably am not going to answer too many of your questions to your liking. So don't expect it, please. You are lucky that I even respond to you at all. So, PLEASE, if you don't like what I think, ignore me.

My opinions generally come from experience, by the way. Either mine or others. And I live in a situation and place where I get to have LOTS of first hand experiences with authority figures...

Every large society needs some basic common sense rules. That goes without saying, because there are way too many people who don't seem to have much common sense or scruples. But we, as humans, have delegated far too much power to just a few basically unsupervised people to do all our deciding and thinking for us.

We now have a situation where those in places of authority are so far removed from the majority in how they actually live and work and think, that they can no longer be considered "peers". The systems in place are set up in such a way that it is totally an US versus THEM scenario.

Being as how I am not one to just sit and complain without having some answers, I DO have some pretty good ideas on how to eliminate stuff like that. We need to localize more. Save State government for only certain things. Save federal government for only certain things, and let the rest be decided on a local level. People would have a way of getting more involved in politics if they actually thought they had some say in how things were ultimately run.

There needs to be a SECONDARY group of actual PEERS (people who would be voted for by the people, with the nomination AND voting process being included with your personal property tax papers so EVERYONE would have their say in the vote) who acts as a buffer if you will between the people and the actual government. People from each community who might be something like "peace keepers" who would be sent in first to try to rectify the situation, no matter what it is, before any other organizations can get involved. This would strip an enormous amount of power from the police force and the protective services people, and help keep things in perspective and regular people out of harms way. Also, friends, neighbors, and family should shoulder more of the "burden" in keeping everyone happy instead of waiting for some agency to step in.

Far as "God" goes, if every school would provide a MANDATORY human relations course, starting with kindergarten, and help kids learn simply how to get along with others and work together and how to live happily without harming anyone, looking for "God" would not be necessary, because people would just stumble upon "spirit" without having to label it or go to church to find something that is already inside them and all around them.

4. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i agree with this. after all, it seems to be the most recurring of human behaviors, doesn't it?