Why must women act like tools?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by MatrimCauthon, Jul 2, 2006.

1. MatrimCauthon

MatrimCauthon Member

I'm sorry but is this stuff getting rediculous or what? Plastic surgery - breast implants, lip implants, face lifts, toe lifts - wtf? Probably 1 out of 10 girls that I know now have breast implants, that's just insanity. Women complain about being perceived as dumb blondes and then go out and re-dye their hair, paint their toe nails and buy a wonder bra. I personally think that shit's totally unattractive; if you wake up next to a girl and you can't tell it's the girl you fell asleep with because she's washed her make up off then maybe, just maybe, she's overdoing it. Sorry to rant, it's just gone way overboard. if I want to change myself, I go out and bust my balls at the gym and work for it, I don't spend a couple grand to get arm implants. Wow. Some things just make me sick.

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Yes, when are they going to realise they're actually appliances?

3. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Women are objectified as sexual objects in the mind's of men and the men naturally have the thoughts. Women objectify men in a similar fashion.

Because they desire the attention of men, and because of the competition among women to get a man (or THE man), they will do whatever they believe or are told to believe will give them the competitive edge in getting mens attention.

There are more women than men in the United States. I think the ratio is 54 women for every 46 men.

I think more women objectify themselves because they have low self esteem, and our culture doesn't have the same socially acceptable outlets for that problem that is avaliable for boys. While there are some men that feel they are nothing without a woman, historically women have been viewed as belonging to men, and we still carry that social stigma to some extent. It seems to me that for boys with low selfesteem that they can be driven to feel like they are nothing without their grades or their atheleticism as well as their looks and partners, but for girls with low self esteem, it seems our society doesn't value intelligence and atheleticism in girls as much as they do in boys so the girls are driven to use their looks and relationships as outlets.

Its like the saying "behind every great man is a great woman". I don't care if its true or not. My point is that even though that man may have been great, what did the woman do? She didn't do anything, she was just an accesory. Men and women can both become accesories of each other, but women become them much more often because of how our society still views and treats women to some extent.

So the girls who get implants and such, in my opinion, either have low selfesteem or desire sex. They either desire admiration or sex.

I have a problem with girls who think that all I care about is their looks because thats not all I care about if I want to date them, but society has fucked up too many girls with that. I have a problem with girls who just desire sex for about the same reason. I agree its totally fake and unnatractive because of what dressing like a plastic tells me about the girl's mentality.

Oh, and for those of you who read my post, don't try to tell me that girls do all that stuff for themselves, because thats bs.

4. denimstar

denimstar edge of darkness

Nice post coming from a younger group. Personally I don't understand why women aren't happy and feel they must change their bodies with unnecessary medical procedures. Whatever happened to being an individual?
    I was pleased with the hand I was dealt or maybe just lucky and still am today at 48. IMO it comes down to accepting who you are.

5. kissya

kissya Head Mistress

I'm a nurse and I'm 44. Everyday I see something related to elective surgery. I do not understand the mindset of a person that would consider such surgery. I understand the focus on youth in society...certain individals are trying to turn back the clock.
    What ever happened to just being you ????

6. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

Why must men act like fools?

Heh, sorry it rhymes.

7. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

np

How about one for
    Women/ needles/ knives and
    Men that don't get off on the ones that do?

That oughtta be a doozy... *c*

8. fistermister

fistermister Member

Women are rewarded for this behaviour. Its as simple as that. Just because a woman makes an effort to look good does not make her dumb.

9. MatrimCauthon

MatrimCauthon Member

Good input people, I appreciate it. I personally am not particularly handsome, smart, funny, anything like that - but I think people like me because I am who I am. I like to see people laugh, and I like to help people when I can. I open doors for people and say good morning and don't mind catching the bill at dinner. I think it's the little things in life that really make someone, the little quirks my girlfriend has are just extremely sexy to me; her personality shines through the most at the oddest of times, there's so much I know about her but I learn something new every day and I love it.

I personally look at a girl with two ounces of make-up on her face and laugh to myself, I'm actually quick to be an asshole to those types I guess. I kinda feel bad for them because they're so concerned with their appearance that they miss out on everything that's great... the little things you know. it's really sad actually.

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should have some upkeep. Not necessarily for the cosmetics, but for health. I've dated some lazy girls and that's very unattractive, being healthy isn't being vain in my opinion. Physical activity is one thing, taking a knife to your body just to please someone else is a different story entirely.

I know there are some guys out there who get calf implants and shit like that, but they usually turn out gay ( not that there's anything wrong with that ) so they kinda go in the same category. I just think it's really messed up how women know that some, well most men are extremely vulnerable to say a big set of breasts - so they spend a few thousand bucks on a big ol set of jellys and end up getting the job that the normal girl has went to college for years for, or is just plain better for in the first place. It's an exploit that really bothers me. Just exploited to all hell.

Sorry, I'm ranting a little. This subject just gets me mad because somewhere along the lines it went from male/female being unequal to male/female being equal to male/female being unequal on the opposite end of the spectrum. I just wonder if it will ever harmonize with the way society has built us now.

10. R. August Croen

R. August Croen Member

I understand where you're coming from, MatrimCauthon, and even think it's a shame when women with perfectly beautiful little breasts get implants... but then again, I've always preferred 'em small and perky. I'm probably in the minority, I know.

But on the broader issue of going under the knife to modify your appearance, I've done it. I got a chin implant 26 years ago. Whether I like it or not, people assume a guy with a small, undershot chin is stupid and weak, and the way people treated me before and after the surgery was like night and day. It wasn't just the attitude I projected, either. My self esteem took longer to develop, and I'm still working on it.

A lot of people who've had cosmetic work done report the same kind of thing. Yes it's a shame, but it's true.

11. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I only know one women with breast implants... and she got them after a radical double masectomy in her late 40's. Maybe its just your area-specific culture? Or rather, maybe mine? We are pretty simple here, i guess.

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

And men are so much better because....?

c'mon, time spent in the gym, working to buy a newer, better car, getting that suped up stereo system, etc
    not to mention that more men are getting elective cosmetic surgery these days

13. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

yeah, there is a guy in my town who recently got a penis enlargement in the form of a new Hummer.

14. MatrimCauthon

MatrimCauthon Member

Yeah I think buying a new vehicle and having your nose pounded on with a chisel for a couple hours are quite comparable. And for every guy that buys a new hummer there's a girl who buys a new red jeep, so that arguement doesn't really hold here.

I don't know why you're wanting to turn this around on guys - I wasn't attacking anyone with this thread just stating what I think is unattractive. Bottom line, yes there are guys out there that do it too, but honestly I don't know one guy that wouldn't mock him until he was crying himself to sleep at night because of it. Then again, the people I hang out with can be very offensive haha. I guess you're right some guys do it too but that doesn't change how I feel about women doing it.

15. plume7reaction

plume7reaction Member

i don't. and most girls i know don't either.

16. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

What makes you think we're acting?
    (HaHa! Guess I told her!)

Good thread, and it really is a unisex issue, and the American way; Why improve the product when you can just put it in a prettier package?

I'm in central california and right over the hill from where I am is Barbie and Ken country ground zero (pretty, but plastic).

Most of the women have after market parts, all of the men are driving or riding their life savings.

It's all about trying to look like you have your shit together and members of both sexes usually blow the whole deal as soon as they open their mouths;

One of the coffee shops I used to go to when I had my scooter I was once asked by one of the guys who belonged to the little $15,000 sport biker crowd that hung out there "how come none of us can get any of these women to go for a ride but you show up on your beat up little scooter and women come up to you and ask for rides?"

I told him, "Gee, Maybe you and your friends should come up with a better line than "hey nice rack!! Wouda wouda wouda!!!'"

It was sad. Some of these guys were in their 40s.

17. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

[​IMG]

point being, it's more than women who do stupid shit to impress other people, particularly when it comes to the opposite gender.

I'm not trying to "turn it around on guys", I'm trying to point out that BOTH genders pull stupid shit on a regular basis. I don't know why you had to target women only with this, instead of letting it encompass more people.

18. whereami

whereami Member

Best post I've read here so far.....

19. Kiyohiko

Kiyohiko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with this assertion. I've played a lot of music in a lot of clubs, and I've seen a ton of stupid crap pulled by both genders. I don't lament this trend because those 'players' are most often people I wouldn't necessarily want to hang out or be friends with anyway.

20. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

There is a flaw in your argument, of course you can go to the gym to lose weight, to gain muscle mass etc... Can you enlarge your breasts by going to the gym? I don't think so. My mother, who birthed four girls, is a little woman, she's only about a hundred pounds and was flat as a pancake for years. When I was in Grade four she had her boobs done. Now, many of you will look at this and say, oh thats so fake! Whats different about having your teeth fixed? I look see it as reconstructive surgery and, as the saying goes, "if you don't like something change it". What I really admire about my mother in this context is that she's always honest about them being fake, which in my opinion makes HER more real.