Why Masks Work BETTER Than You'd Think

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by relaxxx, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How is it actually going in everones little neck of the woods

Because in Sydney, granted we don't have a lot of cases, but we are down to lucky if it's 10-20% of people wearing masks

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Because people in Sydney, like the antipodean knuckle-dragging low-life anthropoid are ignorant !!!

3. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I know nothing of Sydney save that it's winter there in summer and that Australia was once a penal colony...
    I am sure that there, as everywhere, there are folks who are dimmer than most

Surely not 80%, though.

4. srgreene

srgreene Members

Given how people use them, I very much question the effectiveness of surgical masks in containing the spread of viruses. I'd be interested if someone could provide a cogent link that makes the case for them. Surgical masks do not block much larger particles than COVID laden droplets, so unless someone is coughing in your face, consider me skeptical.

However, after more than three months, my husband is still recovering from a merely "moderate" case of COVID. Even my mild case was worse than the worst flu I have ever had. This virus is no fun, and, given its ability to strike twice, we will be getting the vaccine as soon as we can. I would encourage most people to follow suit.