Why is there a God that wants to punish us?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Grandeur, Jun 10, 2020.

1. EroticaWriter

EroticaWriter Senior Member

There is a small sect of people, I can't remember what they are called, who believe that the Devil killed God, and took his/her place.
    And this Devil, pretending to be God, then wrote the original texts that became the basis for many religions.
    Their thinking is that this explains why these ancient texts are so full of hatred, violence and intolerance.
    If this was true, it might give you the answer to your question.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

First you need to define the term "God".
    Second, if you wish to claim that any positive statement concerning the existence of any sort of creature or god demands unverified belief and places the onus probandi on the unbeliever, then you must be willing to unconditionally be ready to accept the truth of Isis,Thor, little green men, unicorns, ghosts, thunder-birds, yeti, vampires, cyclopes, mermaids, and any other creature or god that can be imagined as no proof is then needed for the verification of their existence either.
    Third, anything that is to considered "real" must be shown to have that reality by being accessible to our senses, perceptions or extensions of those senses and perceptions, such as a microscope.
    Otherwise they are "only" concepts or ideas.
    I can rattle off concepts and ideas ad infinitum, that doesn't necessarily make any of them real.

3. Varmint

Varmint Member

My, but the presumption is strong with this one....
    Well, that almost sounded mystical. Care to share the buttons...?

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well the bible is a comprised piece of literature written from much older material, religion, mythology and history. There's almost nothing original in the bible at all.

The most accurate piece of biblical work to look at is the old testament which was mentioned earlier. The old testament was that far out there in parts that the Catholic church spend over 1200 years rewriting their doctrine to confine what is taught and what we are meant to believe.

So let that one sink in, 1200 years to piece together, talk through and ACCEPT a new doctrine hand written by man. It's a complete fallacy.

Now, so we dig deeper. Start to realise the bible isn't anything new at all. New Testament, old Testament shiiat, I can pull you the same stories from eons ago.

Now let's take a look at who God actually is on the Old Testament. We dig deep like I said, start to say hey this story is familiar just an echo of something Akkadian which was Babylonian and as it goes farther back these stories roots are generally entrenched in the Sumerian literature.

So who was God? Well there was no God with a capital G, there were gods. No angels, no demons just gods. Now you can pass it off as mythology and make believe that's cool too, but I'm a big believer in the truth behind mythology so I look to our mythology as historic documentations because civilisation flourished, learned language. literature and architecture just to tell this mythology which to me signifies a very significant event in human history. This "mythology" was worth that advancement in civilisation so it must have been extremely important to our ancients.

So what did they actually believe?

They believed that a group of space travelling aliens that called themselves the Anunnaki landed on earth some 500,000 years ago to mine for gold. Mining gold was a pain in the ass so they took a little DNA from themselves and a little DNA from something earthly which was an ape and genetically modified their own slave to toil in the mines for them. They took a few shots to perfect this slave, stunted their DNA, limited their life span, manipulated our way of thinking before being conceived. They were made in the gods image and most importantly they were handed down a set of rules and beliefs to blindly follow or be punished which is about as familiar as Christianity gets.

Now this creation of humans wasn't looked upon kindly by the Chief Anunnaki in charge of the mining operation. He did not want this. This is the one we know as God, or in Sumerian his name was Enlil.

Now Enlil didn't want humans to flourish or thrive so our growth was continually thwarted so that we would never be able to overthrow the Anunnaki. They vaporised cities, created famine and hardship and passed it off to humans as punishment and a future bestowed should we not want to conform and perform our dedicated duties.

So from day 1 "God" was never nice to us and had zero intention of ever being nice to us. That's not to say all the gods were like this because they weren't in fact many of them loved their created humans, also echoed in the bible with angels and demons falling in love with mortal men and woman. But not Enlil who systematically erased the population several times to stop us from obtaining too much knowledge and growth.

Inevitably the crossing of 3500 year orbit planet shifted the polar ice caps into the ocean and flooded much of the known world, erasing all of history, knowledge and technology away and this is where historians want to conclude that our history starts from. The deluge, which I find rediculous considering there's factual evidence of civilisation well before this event.

The mining never stopped but most of the proper mining facilities were obviously washed away and remnants and archelogocial findings have found these mines in south Africa dated to several 100,000 years old.

So now with most of the mining operation in tatters and sectional groups of humans still living and thriving in the aftermath of the great flood, the Anunnaki had a meeting and decided that they would let humans flourish but now under a slave agenda of religion rather than hardship.

Religion is now created. Our language is now confused. Different gods became rulers of different lands and founded and placed their own doctrines. Some gods didn't like what others were doing and went to war using humans to do all the work. 6000 years later Christianity makes an appearance. It uses the same stories as the Sumerian mythology.

At some point they must have read the old testament which clearly indicated an extra terrestrial presence, as it should have considering it was based entirely on the Anunnaki. Well they could not have people believing in that, for that would throw humanity into turmoil. So the new Testament is created and fluffed up a lot. The intriguing stories were removed and in place a magical fantasy or mythology implemented into this romanticised doctrine.

But all doctrines are the same. A humans expectation to blindly for order and belief under the guise of hardship and torment if you don't. And that's been our history from day 1.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm well aware that sounds like utter horse shit, as it should in such a short summary. But I urge people to look into it. To educate yourselves on our earliest religions and ways of thinking. Like I said, life will make sense to you after you piece all the evidence together. Things are not what they seem, they have never been what they seem, we only know what we've been falsely taught and we still continue this behaviour in today's world.

6. Varmint

Varmint Member

Yeah, I'd leave it at that. Archeological evidence is piling up that points to the fact that earth can't be older than what's pointed out in the bible. This is about 6,000 yrs. Mt St Helens showed scientists that large canyons and gorges can be carved out quickly and all that mud and sediment turned into stone pretty quickly, too. They're noticing also that, when you remove the baseless presumption of long ages the dating comes more into line with what's actually seen in the geological record and everything starts to fit without constant revision. All that we can see on the earth's surface now is less than about 4,500 yrs old and the stated purpose of the biblical flood was to destroy the old world and all the works done therein. I'd say it was pretty succesful, given the fossil record we see. I've seen a pretty good sculpture of a stegosaur on a pillar at a temple in the far east that is known to be less than 1,000 yrs old, making that image rather hard to explain unless someone has actually seen a living dinosaur. This, of course, also means the bible is correct and all those stories of people describing them are real, including the ones in the bible.

Come to think of it, everything in the bible that we've found archeological evidence of proves it to be the most accurate record available and far more reliable than so-called alien evolution theories. But do go on believing your old wives tales about little green men and ancient space ships. A salient part of the bible says that the day will come when, because men will refuse to recieve a love of the truth, God will send them strong delusion so they can believe a lie and be damned.

I'm still learning, but I'm not going to swallow the secular tales. Too much evidence contradicts them, including the laws of science.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah, the laws of science that have been perpetuated onto man for a singular way of thinking. :sweatsmile:

It doesn't actually matter what the bible says, because it isn't an authentic piece of literature. It's a collection of books and reproductions of much earlier beliefs. You only limit yourself to a certain amount of knowledge if you can't grasp that concept, whether aliens or not, doesn't matter because the historic books of the bible are up to 6000 years older.

But that's who God is in the Bible, it is Enlil. It doesn't matter if you believe in the Anunnaki or not, that's who God was in the Bible. And if you believe in the romanticized version of the bible God then you believe in a falsified image of the Anunnaki because that's who and what they were and they are the tales much of the Bible is based off.

The ground of Christianity is pretty much Sumerian, customs, traditions and rituals have changed over the course of thousands of years now that we have cultures around the world, many of these pagan influences from the European continents of course, after the 1200 year re-write of the Bible when Europe was a Christianity continent. Which makes perfect sense. What better way to unite the people under one way of thinking than bringing all their beliefs into one systematic organisation.

That's just customary traditions however, the very root creation theory of Christianity is much different than European paganism hence you see why the development and reconstruction of the New Testament was a much necessary for Christianity to develop and excel. Way too many loose ends in the Old Testament, because it was written about the Anunnaki, not God, angels or demons. ;)

All of this is of course readily available to read, I believe most of the books that were erased from the Bible are still published, I have many myself and they don't talk about the Bible like people know it. They talk about giants and demigods and the Nephilim, which are of course most commonly known as, The Anunnaki.

When questions like the topic are asked, and when people start to question God and life and the Bible and religion, I just think it's important that people understand where their religion actually comes from. Understanding the religion to its core, is a vital component of answering the questions. You don't have to believe in the Aliens theories, but that doesn't change what certain religious doctrines are based off.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Show us the evidence.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

And the Earth is flat too.

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

On God , my image is consciousness and energy . Not the God that punishes people for not following the letter of different believe systems . There is an interesting post on astral pulse by one of the mods from a few years ago where she gave a visit to God while out of body . On the S word , not the best choice unless one is in bad health and there is no hope of any recovery .

themnax likes this.
  11. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

@Grandeur

I too struggled with this exact question many times over the course of my life brother. Suicidal thoughts came to me after the death of my first two sons and after the , now seen as, inevitable divorce and subsequent homelessness.

For myself I've since renewed my faith in the Love of Christ and begun walking with Him but that's neither here nor there.

God as we have been led to understand it by most modern religions must be a self righteous asshole. However I through my own experiences have realized that this simply isn't true. The only Truth I know of God is that He/She is unfathomable unconditional unending Love and on that my rock is placed.

Perhaps it is our own desire to be gods which causes our turmoil within. Suffering is sin and sin is an egotrip. Perhaps therefore it is us which truly punishes by separating ourselves from that unconditional Love.

Regardless I'll be praying for you my brother

RH

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

does anyone else not see the self contradition in that? malevolence IS a fuck given, albeit a negative one. not giving a fuck isn't malevolence. not giving a fuck is not giving a fuck.
    no. these are books written by humans, about totally human ideas about what unlimited power would be. written for totally human reasons, that have no conceivable relation to whatever gods or god-like beings, there may or may not be. not even considering, what having the unlimited power to really not give a fuck would mean. why would such a being have the weakness of the human ego to have the slghtest desire to be feared? a book is not a god. its just an effing book. our words neither create nor prevent the existence of anything outside of the box of human society.

my faith is in the unknown being unknown and in the unlimited diversity of what we can imagine, in not limiting what we imagine to the claims of any one belief or any one book. look at the diversity of the physical world. just the shapes of rocks and trees even, and it becomes obvious how little the unknown is bound by mere humans attempting to dictate the perceptions of each other.

Running Horse likes this.
  13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I think a lot of the God of the Bible is people saying , see how powerful our God is . Believe as we do , attend our service , or you will suffer the fate as thoes that did not . This is that post on astral pulse . This is my image of God.

I asked to see God

PS The person making that post was out of body , on the astral plane . It is my belief that she did see God.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"God" - there's a word that has many different meanings and connotations to various people.

For Christians, there's the ubiquitous John 3:16.
    That's all we need to address the op's concern.
    We have no other gods before Him.
    Discussing Christian beliefs with anti-christians is like the proverbial attempting to teach a pig to sing, a waste of time.

15. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Let's say you put 6 blind people in a room with a elephant and ask them what it is. The 4 people at each leg think there in a forest as there hugging trees. The guy at the tail thinks it's a roap . The person at the front thinks it's a fire house. I think this God/religion thing is about that the elephant.

16. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Satan only provides the temptation brother. We decide how we respond to it. God doesn't need to punish us, we do a fine enough job of that on our own.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Most people just believe the stuff they hear that makes them feel good. Even among those identifying as believers, few actually read the details in the Bible. Church leaders get to decide how their congregants are going to believe on various issues - much like how the various news sources get to decide their followers believe.

EroticaWriter likes this.
  18. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I do need to add hear ,as I see the devil being discussed in a post. I do believe in God , but the devil was invented by the church . There is evil in the world ,j just no central command.

19. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Luke 10:18

The devil made me do it! Hahaha

20. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

The devil was invented so going to church would keep him away . They invented a God you could only find by going to church and following their believe system . I am not saying there wrong , just you can find God out side the major belief systems .