Why is mescaline so scarce?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by LSDawson, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerimah3

jerimah3 Member

Codmouse, obviously I have no idea about the process, or the chemicals needed, or even the equipment.

All I'm saying is that my Grandfather was a chemist, who said that it was not difficult to make once you know what you're doing. The same as a chef saying that a dish is easy to make when I wouldn't even know the ingredients. Anything in someone's field of expertise can be made "easy" with enough practice and discipline. I have no idea if he had ever made LSD, and if he had tried maybe he might have found it more difficult than it seemed to be. I'm not arguing any point, just relaying what I was told.

Edit: Also this does not say anything about quality, I have no idea if he had the recipe from the vault (which I doubt) or just knew the chemical make-up and was confident he construct it.

2. Urb

Urb Guest

Thats funny.
    I may be a newb here... I am no newb in the bigger scheme of things.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

lol LSD is not easy to make.

DMT is easy to extract.

Mescaline is a pain in the ass but the process is doable for anyone with a basic knowledge of chemistry and/or the internet

Meth is decently easy in the same regards just involves many more steps.

LSD is very complicated and takes a pretty advanced knowledge of organic chemistry to actually get it right.

4. Urb

Urb Guest

There are steps where ingrediants are sensitive to certain colors of light . You might need a red light for one step & a blue light for another.

I met a guy once who claimed it was easy to make , I said "Do Tell" Then he started with a long diatribe about how you need the right kind of roach spray when I tuned him out.

5. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

lol, there's that, and many also people also think the extraction of LSA is the synthesis of LSD.

*edit*
    lmao, went back and read the last page, you can't accidently make LSD, especially LSD-25, it's a very exact process.

6. jerimah3

jerimah3 Member

I've heard that LSD is somewhat easy to make, From a Chemist's perspective. From a chemist who is knowledgeable and has access to a lab with extensive ingredients. Maybe that's a bit specific, but I don't think LSD is something you could google and gather supplies from your local convenient store and whip up in an hour. But I'm not sure how it ranks on a chemist's difficulty scale.

7. destrokk

destrokk Member

a lot of the mescaline sold at festivals and suchis synthetic mescaline rather than mescaline HCL. its easier to make in bulk.

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

To answer the old ass OP:

Because it's a MOTHERFUCKER to get in any large amount, it either involves very dangerous synth, or very large amounts of very slow growing cacti.

9. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

:2thumbsup: ...yah...total bs.

I have seen bulk mescaline extractions done on cacti with giant glass juice jugs that can run a kilo of cactus at a time. I highly doubt that synthetic mescaline - which is a bitch to synth and high in costs, is circulating near as much as extracted which is actually simple to make in bulk.

10. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

Even DMT & mescaline can be a challenge to extract if you take into consideration that things can and often do go wrong. Your first go-round (or two, three, four...) will likely be a doozer.

As far as making LSD, oh yeah, forget it. Not only is it difficult, but the precursors are tough to come by (even Imitrex which has ergotamine is tainted with caffeine so you'd have to know how to separate the two chemicals in order to get to the ergotamine), and the tools are not ordinary chemistry tools, not even ordinary college level stuff--I've seen an acid lab (in a magazine, but still), & I know a fair bit about the tools necessary in organic chemistry & some of what I saw I couldn't begin to tell you what it was.

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

But you also have to have a massive stand of cactus.... Lucky bastards....

On that note, you should check out my thread, though I learned some of the answers I wanted already.... I feel sure that you could be of help.

12. 7he4uthor

7he4uthor Member

all the good drugs are scarce now
    its a lazy slothful sleazy generation replacing the academic generation
    of university graduates in the 60s

i just posted my last post how to extract mescaline
    something the x generation would rarely resort to
    \
    easier to buy crack from the cia

you learn how to make the drugs
    you dont complain they arent available\

now your in the 60s

13. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

To be honest, I think a lot of "mesc" I took back in the old days was just a weaker form of LSD.
    wITH A GOOD dose of acid back then being about 200 mcs-(now I hear they cut that up 4 times)- - You had mushrooms(Psilocybin) which people would confuse as mesc. Most users today are more educted about the drugs they take than we were 40 yrs ago- -
    "Buttons"- came in a powder, a capsule, or even a microdot jelly type pill- Not really considering it back then, most people just assumed that thier connection wasnt fuckin with them- -and then probably didnt ,at least knowingly(it was a different time,man)
    Now thinking back- -I would think that most doses passed off as mesc was probably just a different or less intense acid. It was OK- it did the trick, and we really didnt care--
    Besides shrooms and peyote buttins were just more available> I dont know why- maybe it was just the time?
    but that was then.
    Now at 60- I dont trip anymore (probabaly since the end of the real Dead Shows)
    but if I did - I certainly would care more about my sourse than ever- back then you pretty much took your connection at his word. Maybe Ive gotten jaded thru the years, but taking a guy selling doses at his word these days- -well...it just wouldnt happen
    -
    Jack-(shit, this post made me feel old- -)

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, this sort of puts the poster above you to shame.

About what you where getting, powder is consistent with mescaline, or powder/crystals/slightly gummy stuff in gel caps, either white or tan.

Microdots are too small to hold a proper dose of mescaline, though a large press theoretically COULD.

Mushrooms are never mescaline, "buttons", in reference to dried cactus discs like leathery green silver dollar things, are peyote, and as such, do contain mescaline.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Some of the extraction teks today are much more simpler than what they had back in the day as well.

Not much of a mescaline market because its difficult to synth and extraction requires a large amount of material with the columar cacti (San pedro, p.torch, etc) or a really long period of time with peyote.

16. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

Hippies in the 60s damn sure couldn't order a kilo of p.torch from a website to their door and perform an organic extraction with orange oil, vinegar, and lime powder. Conversely they had synthetic mescaline of a higher purity that was widely available. Lucky hippies...

17. 7he4uthor

7he4uthor Member

mesc was a street word for PCP
    an animal tranc which can be smoked in 'puffers'
    or 'dippers'

not the mescaline i had in 71 we lived an hour away from the pharmaceutical lab that made northamerica's supply for research and psychiatry, that was pure

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You come in talking shit like people today don't know drugs...

In 71, there was no research or psychiatry with LSD, and had not been for half a decade.

I never heard sherm called "mesc", and it's generally not taken orally, though I suppose it could be. It COULD even be on blotter, with what erowid says about it's dosing, though I would literally kill someone who gave me PCP as a real psychedelic.

19. 7he4uthor

7he4uthor Member

reading difficulties ?
    i think the post was about mescaline.

i spent all yesteday eating hikuri
    no mescaline shortage here, surrounded by Wixárika.

PCP was mixed with LSD in the 70s to make 'angel dust'

ketamine and ghb seem to have replaced pcp as a street drug.

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Why yes, actually. I was reading and replying to multiple things at once, my apologies.

I'm not sure that the situation was any different with mescaline, but.... yeah, my bad.

GHB is, as I (and most of the drug using community) see it, is dangerous non-worthwhile crap. Which is probably why it's so rare.

PCP and LSD TOGETHER =angel dust.... yep, keep the old drug myths going and make NEW dangerous drug myths, while you're at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.