Why is it that *some* hippies...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by amberfilter, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

The word "Hippie" is a Huge sterio type/generilaztion!.......
    lose the term and then ask me... ((why do "people" some time's come off mean or meaner ( sometimes ignorant too ) then other people))[​IMG]

2. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

Yeah I do agree that it is in your mind. I think sometimes because I don't dress a certain way perhaps I miss out on meeting some cool people, but I have a lifetime ahead of me to meet cool people if it has'nt happened already.

Thank you for all the great information folks.
    peace and love to all.

3. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

Just a quick reply to electric buddha... I was just using the term as it is the name of this thread, personally I don't care for the term either, I just don't know how else to phrase the question as I am certainly not talking about all people as it is clear (chuckle) how and why alot of people on this earth are mean, because they aren't looking at life from the right perspective, it's like they never got past that childhood "me me me" phase.

peace.

4. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

I am opening a thread in "USA" thread called "What is it like in N. Cali" ?
    I have never made a real trip there to check it out (specifically San Fran,
    Mendocino, and anywhere else you may have input) and I want to know if
    it really is a happier place to live in general versus the east coast.....

5. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

im sorry i just cant help it...
    ... fuck spelling is hard right now

6. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

I should probably check "USA" thread but thought I'd try here first since I'm already here. I live in S. Cali. I like it, weather's definitely nice, however N. Cali has always called me. Everytime I go there I get this certain vibe that I can't explain. San Francisco is a great city (my husband and I are going there again next weekend) but even more north than that is beautiful. Huge trees, breathtaking coastline. I can't begin to explain how magical it is. Where do you live on the east coast (do you live there?) I grew up mostly in Maine and it is beautiful there too.

7. kidswillbeskeletons

kidswillbeskeletons Member

this is great advice! and people that act that way are not "hippie" if your definition of hippie is my definition of hippie

8. steffan

steffan puffin

for some this hippy thing is only a way to bolster a facade, and to satisfy selfish wants, only there true colors tend to show at times

9. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

im no hippie so i aint gotta be nice!

10. m6m

m6m Member

The most sensitive suffer the most accutely the alienation and frustrations of our Hierarchical Civilization.

These hyper-alienated and hyper-frustrated sensitive beings are the first to seek alternative subcultures like our 'Hippie' counter-subculture.

Unfortunately, only in a few isolated places during a few isolated times has our 'Hippie' counter-subculture been strong enough to protect the sensitive from the irresistable inertia of our alienation and frustration.

Seeing no where else to turn, the sensitive often become bitter and resentful.

11. SoftParade

SoftParade Member

If you ask me why hippies are ignorant? I’ll tell there’s no true hippie spirit in someone who looks down on you and doesn’t offer his friendship as a human to human because there’s no belief in “living as one” if he divides you from himself because he thinks you don’t belong in his world. That kind of ignorance looks at a deep difference between people, not as persons, in which way we are very different, but as humans.
    As a hippie it’s a way of believing, not my flower, not my peace sign unless it all comes from my belief, from my though and mind instead of a sense of style. And for the people who ask how to dress as a hippie, actually it’s not in a particular way because it’s all about making it your way, revolutionary with a little touch of rebellion. From your thought it expresses in the outside as with clothes. When you ask the outdoor world how a hippie is dressed they’ll give you the 60s/70s picture of an explanation. That was then and now is now, now can be the guy you saw on the street and never thought that he could be a hippie because he didn’t wear the bellbottoms and the rest of the picture. Oh and I forgot no one saw his joint. Well I’ll tell the wonderer who wonders who is the hippie that in the dictionary doesn’t verbally say, “Pot smoking vagabond”.

Peace out!

12. peace_on_earth

peace_on_earth Member

i hate how people look down on other people and like downplay everything they do. i was hanging out with a bunch of guys last night and all they did was make fun of the people who walked by. i was like whoa guys what makes you any better than them.

13. SoftParade

SoftParade Member

I recognize myself in your situation, I thing we all do and some even unfortunately find themselves in your companies behaviour. Is it enough to say something even though it doesn’t change anything? Can we change what people are or is this only changing what they have become?

14. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

actually it just breaks up the boredom sometimes.I don't hate anybody,I just think it's funny that you all take yourselves so seriously.get out and do something positive instead of complaining about critism or maybe I'm just being mean and stupid?