why is it illegal?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by GodKnowsAll, Mar 23, 2008.

1. polecat

polecat Weerd

and they're gonna be a while legalizing because the current govt would look like complete assholes when they legalized, and then had to explain why they put all these people in prison for years.

2. dudeman99

dudeman99 Member

about the laziness....
    look at pot as you look at alcohol.
    if pot were legal people wouldnt just smoke it 24/7 and get super lazy and hurt the economy.
    alcohol makes me much lazier, dumber, and less able to work than pot ever has. plus hangovers the next day.

legalize it!!!

3. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Besides, if you let your affinity for smoking get in the way of your job...well, that's your fault. I try to keep an eye on myself when it comes to that kind of stuff. When I go to uni next year I'll probably take it a bit easy on the toking, at least until I can guage exactly how demanding the workload will be. But if I did lose control and fuck up my life because I just couldn't put down the bong, that'd be no one's fault but mine and there's no way I'd suddenly think, "My god, they're right! It must be illegal."

4. tculi

tculi Senior Member

they are securing profits for all sorts of massive corporations. the hemp plant and cannabis plant have sooooooo many industrial and medicinal uses. you legalize it and all those diseases that companies make shit loads of money treating with their hardly effective drugs will be CURED. bam all their profits are gone.
    i hate it when people say pot makes you lazy. there are plenty of living counter examples to that statement. take me for instance, i used to be a pretty chubby kid. after around a year and a half of smoking i decided i was tired of being overweight, so i did something about it. that summer i lost 40 freaking pounds all the while smoking daily. soaringeagle put it well when he said weed can teach you that you dont need a porsche to be happy. thats not laziness, just a realization that there is WAY more to life than material things

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I actually asked a doctor that and they couldn't give me a clear answer but they started telling me how it was more potent and that there was more shit in the drugs. That makes no sense though, seeing as if you could buy weeed anywhere it wouldn't be cut with anything. He also said something about filters in a joint being crappy, and not filtering as much.

6. tculi

tculi Senior Member

^ yea people always say weed is soo much worse for you today than in the 60s because there are so many chemicals and stuff in the growing process. they not only are assuming that all weed is grown the same way but the chemicals and stuff put on the pot is not much different than what most food is grown with

7. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Eating the chemicals isn't the same as smoking them, though.

8. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

i'm not antiweed by any means lol i think it should be legalized. all i did was answer the OP's question.