Why Is Google Supporting China's Dictatorship?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Motion, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

"supposed to free information"

haha.

That's a good one.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

With a billion people to advertise to? Why wouldn't Google support China's dictatorship?

WritersPanic likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

WritersPanic likes this.
  5. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yup...

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  8. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Maybe, I dunno, the whole "Colonialism" thing has sure altered a number of places across the globe. :laughing:

9. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Well buying Chinese products does remove a certain number of Chinese people out of poverty,right? Google doing what they're doing helps with the repression of the Chinese people from their government.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

alex jones is the usa test...

11. I know memes shouldn't be banned, but I wish they were.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As long as you dont have to take any blame

McFuddy likes this.
  13. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

Props to the Google employees who quit because of their beliefs.

I don't like the way Google does things, so I use Duckduckgo and Startpage to search instead. I uninstalled the Youtube app on Android and use Adblock Browser, so I don't support them through advertising. Android does use Google software, but it's pretty much between Apple and Google, and I don't like the lack of app variety with Apple.

Chrome is apparently popular, I don't like that it's Google. And I'm not happy about Pixel phones or whatever by Google. It should stay a search engine and advertising agency, imo, but now it's working on self-driving cars. Not good. More variety in competition is better for the consumer.

Irminsul likes this.
  14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

15. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Did I happen to mention $?

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I believe it when I see it.

17. Asmodean

As well as the decolonisation thing. But also the enlightenment movement for example. Lots of stuff

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It is a strange irony that while the British empire realized that passing most of their colonies into home rule (the later ones without conflict) and retaining them as allies and trading partners, the EU is trying to do the complete reverse and put us all back 200 years. Hopefully our former colonies will support our brexit and allow is to restore the trade that was lost with them when we originally joined into the EEC. Fortunately, we did not involve ourselves into the European currency. At least someone in our government at the time has a few working brain cells.

19. Asmodean

Seems an exaggeration at best. How are they trying to do that to 'us all'?

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

To me, it is about interfering with our laws and telling us who we should allow into our country. The UK has a long history of a fair legal system and welcoming people from all over the world. It is interesting that at the time of joining, America saw us as a safety net for their troops serving in other European countries.