Why I think young teens shouldn't trip

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Sam_Stoned, Apr 5, 2010.

1. spexxx

spexxx Member

So what are these so-called negatives that I'm ignoring?

2. autumnbreeze

autumnbreeze Member

Now I'm curious. Is there even a single recorded incident of a person with no previous history of psychological disturbance taking acid and experiencing immediate and permanent psychosis? I'm fairly sure there aren't, but I am open to being proven wrong.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Not that I've heard of. I mean, with no history, for sure, but not people with no history who also didn't have an underlieing problem. It just might not have manifested itself. Though I'd have to say high dosing can change anyones personality for the worse OR better, of any age. And changes with high dose(s) may or may not be temporary.

It does, however, reveal dormant problems that would have never manifested themselves.

spexx, i know you're bright, you can read, stop playing fredlocks :p

One very last time: acid's great, I love acid. Acid can also be disturbing, and if it causes someone a problem or exposes a dormant problem, they live with that for however long.

4. spexxx

spexxx Member

I'm not messing with you. you've been saying, "They stand to lose more", you don't think that's pretty vague? Give me an example of what they're going to lose by taking a psychedelic expenditure at a young age

And how would you know that these "dormant problems" would have "never" manifested as you put it? What sort of factual evidence would lead you to make a shoddy claim like that?

Any life experience can change somebody's personality for the "worse" or "better", it's an entirely subjective matter

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I couldn't say for sure that these would not have manifested, but I've seen plenty of literature/other sources, including respected textbooks, articles, teachers, and the like (who obviously often dislike drugs, but not always) saying that, to the best knowing of psychologists, many people with disorders brought to light by LSD or similar psychedelics would have never had a problem with it otherwise.

Of course, it's hard to properly research something that's been illegal for the last 44 years....

If it pleases you, everyone should trip, all day, every day. I'm just saying, you have to take into account that it COULD change your life in a less than positive way, and for lots of people there's nothing more spiritual about LSD than alcohol. If you're that sort of person, then it might be wiser to choose not to mess with that sort of drug, it depends what you're going into it looking for, wether or not it will be worth the risk in the end.... amirite?

Of course, almost all people who have problems with any psychedelics only have those problems because of the prohibition culture of ignorance that we live under, so they would be ignorant of what I'm saying too, so... it really doesn't matter one way or the other. But I'm the sort who cares that it's mentioned, for the sake of compleatness :p

Again, I'm not saying tripping is a bad idea..... for anyone with the information needed to do so properly, who wants to do it, I think it's a great idea. I'm just trying to bring some intelligent balance to the situation, on a site strongly in favor of drug use.

6. sheepie

sheepie Member

hell no. i wish i could have done shrooms earlier... i basically wasted all of highschool with negative thoughts and depression. shrooms cured me. if i had done them earlier... who knows the possibilities.

anyways, no regrets. i would totally recommend shrooms or acid to anyone of all ages

7. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

better wise up mister

8. spexxx

spexxx Member

the lsd boogy mans comin for ya