Why I Refused a 2nd Deployment To Iraq

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, Jan 18, 2005.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I have no respect for men or women that think the oaths they swear are lip service and easily dismissed. that guy I hope gets many many years in Levenworth. Drew is right. fuck deserters, I mean was he not aware he was joining the Military and would be a tool utilized to enforce whomever is in powr's whims? If he was dumb enough not to know that then he deserves his jail term.

2. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

Well, I would be inclined to agree with you, but our society (virtually for all of time) has convinced many people that fighting is honorable. It's not just stupidity involved, but conditioning. People aren't shown the reality of war. I think that if you decide that joining the military was a mistake, you should be able to get out of it. They can just do some other nonviolent service instead to fulfill their obligation. IMO, it is never too late to do the right thing.

I'm tired of so many people thinking that people who refuse to fight are cowardly. I think people who promote peace are wise. Maybe one day the entire human species will be in agreement on that.

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I think people that can not be trusted to stand by their word are useless and should be sold as cat food. 4 years of anything is not a long time. oinly high schoolers think its a long time. I am not saying people shuld be given orders to torture, I am so totally against following unjust orders, but desertion is simply wrong.

4. Psy Fox

Psy Fox Member

The problem is not the 4 years, it is how much killing you might have to do in that 4 years and the fact you might die.

Anyone that doubts that that the war is worth killing or dying should not partake in it. Why should they kill their fellow man or risk their ass for a cause they don't belive in anymore?

As far as I'm concered the only reason they should stay is if plan to sabotage the war effort from within yet destertion is a far better option.