Why Few "Older" Women on Tinder

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by Sammy76, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

I read comments all the time from 45+ women who say they think about, want and enjoy sex more than EVER. That to me means you're hornier than ever yet there are far more 20-30 somethings on Tinder than older women. What's up with that?

Thanks in advance!

Jbear6667 likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Are you asking if we think those are falsified profiles? Catfish? I think there's probably a significant amount of that, though I am unfamiliar with the site or the extent of profile regulation. I think online dating is a mistake though, so my opinion is somewhat biased.
    That said I have met women online, back when chatrooms and forums were what I perceived as more active and popular. Think early 2000s. :) While I don't think it's too late for internet dating, I think many people are probably suspicious of it and avoid it, perhaps narrowing the market if you get my drift.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

They are probably less likely to use dating apps, or any apps, than their younger counterparts.

iamjustme, Noserider and JerryS like this.
  4. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Older women are more likely to have a regular partner(s) than younger women.

Therefore older women have less need to be on Tinder than younger women.

A horny woman wants more sex acts, not more sex partners. If a woman has a regular partner(s), increasing horniness does not mean increasing the number of partners, but the sexual interactions with existing partners.

iamjustme and wilsjane like this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

First thing that comes to mind is they might be less tech savvy or less experimental where it comes to new digital options like apps. Most 40+ people who act upon their cravings in this regard have discovered stuff like dating sites and maybe even their local sex club and don't easily go further, exploring new and uncertain options.

Another reason could be that Tinder works kind of superficial and with pics. A 40+ woman who is horny and comfortable with her looks and has experience in succesfully communicating what she wants has less use for Tinder. If a woman is less comfortable here they likely prefer a datingsite instead of a tinder like concept where you will be judged by a pic or 2 and swiped away.

jpdonleavy likes this.
  6. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

Wow...great answers...all of you. Makes sense about the tech part. That also explains the horniness. Not just generally horny but one person in particular as opposed to younger women.

7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Yikes - about one third of marriages these days begin online (unless I have the figures TOTALLY wrong

online dating is particularly apt for people who have given up drinking - they no longer hang out in the places where meetings take place

online dating/relationships is/are increasing as we speak

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I can understand why this is happening, since people in everyday life seem to be so wrapped up with their mobile devices that they would not even notice if the potential love of their life was sitting next to them on the train for an hour.
    To me, the problem with finding a partner on a dating site appears to be the heavy emphasis on physical attraction, rather than finding the person who you would want spend your life with.
    I always wonder how many relationships start by meeting someone on sites such as this. I imagine that the numbers are far lower, but the success rate a lot higher.

9. Asmodean

Curiously enough most people who use dating sites i took notice of find it a plus that it is content and interest based, not going primarily by physical attraction. The emphasis on physical attraction is generally more an issue in 'real life' dating and apps like Tinder

10. wilsjane

It was sites like Tinder that I was thinking about. I have never looked at dating sites online, so perhaps I assumed that they were all similar. I also thought that Tinder was largely a gay site, but again I may be wrong. Perhaps it was Grind or something similar that the guys who I worked with in the theater were always talking about.
    Although I build state of the art computers for industrial applications, my knowledge beyond the operating language is probably less than the average 7 year old and I leave things like the internet to one of our daughters when I need to find anything online. Perhaps I will wind them up and ask them to set up a dating profile for me so that I can exchange Jane for the latest model. LMAO

GLENGLEN likes this.
  11. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

It's a generational thing? IE: the older ones are more keen on conventional means of meeting.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Asmodean

I'm not sure Tinder is also a site but its mainly known for the app, which differs a lot from the classic dating sites. Its much faster and more superficial. Grinder is the gay Tinder.

13. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

My 2nd wife and I met online, not on any kind of dating site but a political forum. Neither one of us was there of course to meet someone, but as in the physical world...it just happened.
    More and more people meet online now, and this will certainly keep going. Eventually most relationships will have met online.
    But perhaps not dating sites. But forums like this one, or others. Where people of like interest meet.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

isn't that how all dating works? it starts with physical attraction, then you talk to them and find out if you actually like each other. online or in real life.

15. wilsjane

True, but by very nature of calling them 'dating sites', I think that the date comes too soon. The first physical attraction is also far more than just appearance and includes body language, voice and interaction. Then things can slowly move on to chatting over a cup of coffee giving the person a ride home.
    I have been lucky enough to be able to meet people in the work environment and that in itself gave us common interests, as well as seeing people in their true colors. Having 3 opera houses, also gave me the opportunity to meet people with a similar taste in music. LOL
    Clearly not everyone is lucky enough to be able to meet people in such a way.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That generation ain't into selfies and stuff. They're on swinging sites.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, but it's not like you meet someone on a dating site and you're instantly a couple either. you're right that normal physical attraction is more than just appearance and you miss out on that with dating sites, but even so the typical dating site first date is a pretty casual meeting that allows you to get a sense for those other things. yes, the point of joining a dating site is to date, but really it's just a way to meet people and then see if you want to date them, not much different from meeting people anywhere else in life except your intentions are slightly clearer.

wilsjane likes this.
  18. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

The older women I know don't feel comfortable with meeting men online. They have opportunities to find partners for sex or other activities at the gym, grocery store, church, walking the dog, and numerous other places where prospective partners may be found.