why fear death when its just a passage of light

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by peaceful chaos, Jan 20, 2005.

1. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

what i mean by this is why the heck do some people look at death as a bad thing i believe its a release from the hell our race has laid apon this earth i mean im not the type of person to kill myself on purpose but if it happened it would seem like a release from all the mental pain and suffering offered up

post your views on this please:)

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Most people don't mourn the death of another person--they mourn the loss of all that they once knew as true. Death, as far as this life is concerned, is permanent. People fear it because it is the unkown--we always fear what we can't understand. You feel certain that it will be a peaceful passage, but you can't prove that, and some people believe there is a chance they won't make it to "heaven".

3. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

i myself dont really believe in heaven and hell but rather believe in a state of mind which you aquire when you die and reincarnating into a different realm of life

4. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Yes, but alot of people don't, hence the fear.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I don't believe in an afterlife.

So I'm not scared of death... But I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

I dunno about you're life full of suffering, but if it make you feel better, my life is great!

babes, bucks... I got it all. [​IMG]

6. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

~* I sure as hell can wait. This is the only dance I got that I'm positive of. I sure as hell don't wanna rush head long towards the end. Even in the bad times this life is a good thing. Its survival instinct that kicks in that makes us panic and fight against it. This is the life that I know and I will struggle to keep it till it can't be kept...then I will move on. *~

7. Jelena :-)

Jelena :-) ~

There is fear of non-existence. Me personaly, I'm not afraid of my own death, but I'm afraid of death of the people who I love. But death should be a part of life. There is no use being afraid of it. It's something natural, certain. It's something like pain. People consider pain very bad, but it's a feeling, and your feelings are part of you. You consider love good, but love can be vary painful. You love life, but not the death, and the death is a part of life. I don't say you should look forward to it, you should just accept it as a part of your life, and try to make your living better.

"I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash. It'd be a good way to go. I don't want to die in my sleep, or of old age, or OD... I want to feel what it's like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once; I don't want to miss it." (Jim Morrison, my god)

8. audreyanne

audreyanne Member

I once visited the final resting place of the late,great jim morrison,and its like,step on through to the other side....
    Aside from that cosmic clue,when one is actually faced with their own mortality things arent always that clear ,or that certain other than truly transcending the physical plane as we know it would be the next step to..break on through to the other side..

9. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I don't fear death, I fear my children being left motherless.

10. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

im not afraid of death...like jim morrison said when you die the pain is over