Why Does This Happen?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Dal Justice, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Dal Justice

Dal Justice Members

Hiya! So I've noticed this trend happens quite often and I'd like to know if anyone can guess why this happens.
    So every time I have to be a hero, like having to save the day, I can never see. Like in my dreams, my eyes are barely open and when I try to open them all the way, they just close. And sometimes, I'll only have one eye open and it's my right, which is my bad eye. I've never ones been able to see in dream where I have to be hero.
    Anyone have a theory?

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

being the hero in real life, when you really have to, is a thing that doesn't happen that way.
    sometimes you really just have to accept there are situations in which, you know, unless you happen to think of something you can't really expect to, there just really isn't anything you can do about it.
    this sound to me like a parallel of that. the dream equivelant way of the subconscious saying the same thing.
    being able to be a hero whenever you need to, is kind of a cartoon thing.
    dreams can have their own ways of what is in their own context, a kind of keeping it real.
    i remember loosing somewhat painfully in a dreamshaping contest i was participating in, inside of one of my own dreams.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Well life is spent not saved.

4. thedope

Our language gives us the world we see
    What life is saved?

rhetorical

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I kind of understand what you mean. In my dreams, when it comes to a fight, my arms feel like they are underwater. I've never really understood that.

6. thedope

That is really cool. water gives life

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my eyes give me a world without words in it. things happen, exist, come in and out of being, all without words.
    the only thing that depends on them, is trying to tell someone else about it.
    my world is shapes and colors, words are only what people pass back and forth between each other.
    my world, the parts of it i notice and interest me, would be the same without words.
    there just wouldn't be any you, to need words to tell you about it.
    well even that, you might be there somewhere, just not in my awareness nor in the forest and mountains,
    that wordlessly surround me.
    the water would still flow in all the little streams.
    the rain would still fall without needing a name to do so.

8. Eerily

Eerily Members

Such dreams relate to an inability to meet one's expectations for oneself, as Max seemed to imply.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not inability, but the feeling of lacking it. everyone has that feeling about many things.
    sometimes its just something we've been convinced of.
    super powers are of course called that, because most of us really do lack them.

as to the other, i was simply pointing out, that language has nothing to do with the world i see.

just with what people think i'm saying if i try to tell them about it.

(how anyone else sees, is known only to them)