Why does Gwen Stefani Wear So Much Makeup?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by tumbling.dice, Sep 24, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Actually, why does any woman wear makeup? The reason I picked Gwen is because I can imagine women wanting to look like her. She definitely is not in need of makeup. Indeed, it makes her look horrid, like a circus clown. The image on the left leaves no doubt (pun intended) that she is beautiful. The image on the right is, I dunno...kinda scary.

[​IMG]

Asmodean likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cause she ain't no holla back girl. She ain't no holla back girl.

Meliai likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Her shit is BANANAS

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've always liked the way she does her makeup

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like the holla back girl song. That's all though really. Not sure I've seen the film clip.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm not against makeup personally. I do think that it gives some women, particularly when they're younger, the wrong idea. I think it can be done tastefully though. And women can have fun with it.

I like her eyelashes, but I'm not crazy about that color of lipstick.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Who?

tumbling.dice likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

She is the front woman of the 90's band No Doubt. I think she's also on a television series called The Voice as a judge of contestants or something.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm just going to go ahead and
    hijack this thread to give a shout out to 90s Gwen Stefani - the epitome of a 90s cool girl

gwen-stefani-4.jpg
    tumblr_ovcggllAPV1wol0w6o2_400.jpg

And here she is playing a house party with Bradley Nowell, N3OunXVrvt2WK0Y1tK9YLyXRC28d1F84zbG_SaASxx4.jpg RIP BRADLEY

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I bet you don't wear makeup the way she does.

11. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nah because I suck at makeup lol
    But I do admire women who can do it well, it is an art form in a way
    Granted, Gwen Stefani probably hasnt had to do her own makeup since 1996

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i agree with the general premise here; in most cases makeup adds nothing, and sometimes actually detracts from a woman's appearance. although i don't really think she looks bad in the makeup picture either, just not as good as natural.

anyway, the makeup is the least of her problems. she lost most of her attractiveness when she left no doubt to start making a bunch of horrible music instead.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I saw No Doubt live on what I believe was the tour for their last album release. They were pretty good, Stefani has a good stage presence. I wasn't close enough to see her makeup.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Gwen Stefani in 2019

[​IMG]

tumbling.dice likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Regardless of what I think of the look on itself, I often notice something similar too: these thick red lips simply change a persons face completely. Esp on a person like Stefani. You honestly don't know what she looks like if you have only saw her in full make up.

A common misconception seems that men think its primarily an attractive look or even just plain sexy, when the women who like to look like this talk about empowerment and looking stronger etc.
    I'm not sure who to go along with there so I don't go along with anyone. I'm skeptical about the reasons but hey, why should they care about my opinion on this.
    I don't mind such a look anymore and can even appreciate it actually :) but if it would be my GF only if its an occasional look. If it would be an every day thing I would probably hate it... Also because I doubt the reason why someone would look like this the far majority of the time. For the occasion.. I understand and can dig it.

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, this is bullshit.
    This is what the companies who produce this stuff have spent decades convincing women to think.
    Most women who wear it everyday feel less without it. How is that empowering? "I'm a strong independent woman, I have to spend my money on PLASTIC containers full of chemicals and creams and smear them on my face. If I don't I feel my strength is diminished and am less secure about the way I look."

It's the result of brainwashing. It looks like crap. It actually accentuates wrinkles on people about my age. It's time consuming. It's wasteful of resources. There's some fun in using it for a festival and colors and that kind of thing maybe, my focus is more on "every day" make up. But I hate it. I hate it more every time I think of it. I hate seeing lipstick marks on mugs. Yuck. But actually the main thing I always want to point out to girls my age and younger is the fact that all that powdery creamy crap actually makes your skin look worse. I can see lines that you are too young to have because the crap gets in them. Not even wrinkles that would be seen if you didn't have it on. I need to hone this rant a bit.