Why do you live there?

Discussion in 'Hip Communities' started by Nebulous, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Bad Bob 1962

Bad Bob 1962 Members

I ran from poverty, found a diverse community that mostly respects the diversity. 72+ first languages in our public schools, growing respect for women's rights, minority rights to equality, growing respect for LGBTQ in the community (the number of out and proud politicians in a city of 300K is surprising to me, in a good way.)

I like hearing others speaking in Russian, Somali, Hindi, Spanish, in the supermarket. I like having beats and moose in the city limits, and seeing them walk the streets.

Alaska isn't perfect, but it's trying to be better.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nvm. basically i'd already said all that.
    not sure how long ago, i do forget sometimes.

3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I live there so I can be here

4. Bowlingguy350

Bowlingguy350 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Architecture, overlooks and inertia.

5. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Because i was born/raised here(NL/The Hague)............and i like the "Dutch" mentality, compared to the rest of the world...........but i am a bit bias:D.

Nothing to complain, compared to some people in this world:(

Mzzls

PGA likes this.
  6. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

No money to move. I would rather live in a one room cabin, with limited utilies. In the middle of nowhere.

Gramps69 likes this.
  7. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Given the murder of numbers of school children by idiots carrying automatic weapons and the recent decision of the Us (fascist) Supreme Court overturning the Roe decision. has this had any effect on your views ???

PGA likes this.
  8. Gramps69

Gramps69 Members

California, just don't have enough money to get out

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

In the 1930s some white folks decided to move to Dayton Ohio. I'm within 2 miles of that house.

scratcho likes this.
  10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'm deeply rooted to the little town in Oklahoma where I live and my kids are growing up. It's friendly and peaceful. No other place I'd rather be!

11. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

Had the opportunity to live anywhere I wanted so I choose the best city I had ever visited, Boulder, CO. Small town near a big town (Denver), with every major sports team (Go Bronco's), a wonderful University (Go Buffs), and outdoor activities everywhere (mountains, hiking/skiing/fishing/biking. Lastly, it has some of the best weather in the US. 300+ days of sunshine, limited snow and moderate temps all year long. Nearby vacation spots like Vail, Breck and Steamboat. What's not to like (ok, crazy housing prices, like $1,250M to start!!!!).

12. bobjob

bobjob Members

Because Vancouver Island is heaven on earth, we have no reason to leave!!

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, it's Oregon! Lived here in 1960 the first time. 70s the second time. Been here since 2005 this time. Kids are here, I and my boys have a well established roofing company here in Eugene. Lots of entertainment here from Grand opera to Punk and everything in between. Most of the state is super liberal, psychedelics have been declared legal, lots of trees and lakes, deer and turkeys in my yard, the pacific is an hour and a half away, the mountains are all around, friendly people. Plenty of other things to mention, but I reckon that'll do. :):)

14. legalize_the_plant003

legalize_the_plant003 Members

I stayed in Texas for the weather.

15. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

I'm still in my home county. Only I've moved across the city to avoid a 2 hour commute each way to work. Least now I get a daily walk through nature on the way to selling my soul haha

granite45 likes this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot