Why Do You Like Drugs?

Discussion in 'Mind Trips' started by WonderlostVW73, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There was a member here back when I first joined, she doesn't post anymore but she once told me DMT changed her life completely. She kicked a drug addiction to another drug and completely turned around her relationships with her husband and kids.

I haven't had the opportunity to do DMT so I can't personally recommend it, but just some food for thought if you're looking for something life changing

2. badphotoguy

badphotoguy Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't like drugs. My wife occasionally will smoke some pot, and if I have trouble sleeping I take 1/2 of a Xanax. On the other hand, I do enjoy drinking beer...so that might be considered a drug.

3. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Ive smoked weed 3 times in my life and didn't like it.I've drank alcohol,and had some good times with it (?)but rarely drink these days.Ive just given up smoking cigs (nearly 3 weeks ago)after smoking for nearly a year,and feel much better for it.These days I get my "highs"from meditating & yoga.Reality is always kinder than trying to numb over stuff or escape from something,because once you "come down"reality is still there.There is no escape.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Smoking pot and drinking beer will solve sleeping troubles as well :p ;)

I've been getting high on weed for over a decade (not continuously :p) and I have to say it doesn't get old here. I may have smoked at times to subconsciously escape reality as well and I agree, if you do it for that reason you are only postponing stuff. But when you don't (which you can verify) gettting stoned/high remains just as awesome. Lots of people 'get high' on both pot and yoga and/or meditating as well (not necessarily simultaneously) so it all depends on the person. When you don't like smoking weed the conclusion and choice is easy of course :)

1 person likes this.
  5. exhibition

exhibition Members

I like it for the inspiration, although I find I'm more inspired the next day hungover.

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I like drugs when they are fun, but in my experience when I indulge in something too much, it stops being fun. I used to do a lot more drugs than I do now. I don't even smoke weed anymore. I used to smoke it at least once a day, sometimes more. I stopped cold turkey two months ago, and am very much enjoying the break and the clear headedness. I am still amazed at how drastically my vocabulary has improved since stopping smoking pot.

I like how drugs can enhance a party. Not that I need them to have fun, I have a way of making everything fun on its own, but taking a half of an MDMA gel definitely makes a smaller costume/dance party more intimate. I would only do this if everyone at the party were on the same page though. I don't see the need to take drugs at a social engagement if other people in attendance were not going to be on the same level.

1 person likes this.
  7. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

I like drugs for the same basic reasons that I like anything: another facet of existence to explore.

Although I really wouldn't say that I like drugs. I think that psychedelics have been an important part of my life: Sometimes enjoyable, sometimes terrifying, sometimes profound, sometimes healing.

I always refrain from encouraging others to use them though. Psychedelics (especially crystal n-n-dmt) are so powerful that each must reckon with them on their own. I would never encourage nor discourage someone from doing it. Although if someone tells me they are going to try I do enjoy facilitating for them.

8. AGomez

AGomez Members

I just joined here but I'll give my opinion.

I like drugs but it's comprehensible that many people don't like it. There are responsible consumers but there are also irresponsible users.
    Some people get hooked by it and overdose and die, its comprehensible(about hard drugs)

But some people also have to realize that, pot per example, isn't that bad. For me it's better than tobacco.
    I like pot only the others have not experimented so far. What I like is the freedom I feel of myself I feel more social more open minded less introverted which is awesome to me^^

9. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

i don't know.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I am a responsible drug user, I only use krokodil when I want to lose weight and bath salts to stimulate my hunger.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

According to an old bandmate... I don't need drugs... I AM drugs.

12. Asmodean

You know better :p

13. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Do i?!

14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I think Salvador Dali actually said that first.

15. Tyrsonswood

Possibly...

It was odd to hear as a description of me and my guitar playing though. Not that I minded...

16. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

I don't like drugs. I use a few, like almost everyone else.

I'd say the closest I am to 'liking' a drug, it'd be weed. Its really proving itself under a finer and finer microscope. As far as my own personal drug use goes, its as needed. Nothing more.

17. Asmodean

The logical conclusion is that Tyrsonswood and Salvador Dali were in a band together.

18. Tyrsonswood

Dali was the singer...

19. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

You need drugs to help you hallucinate? Damn, you DO need help! [​IMG]

20. Dirtywhitegirl

Dirtywhitegirl Members

I take drugs because I'm weak and I'd rather be fucked up than face my reality. Also, I really enjoy being fucked up.