Why Do You Get High

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Marokko, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Marokko

Marokko Member

Ok My Friend (The Anti-Weed Dude) wants me to ask you all a question

Why Do You All Get High! Thank you..

P.S. this kid never smoked b4

2. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

3. mellow

mellow Eased

4. Beleg

Beleg Member

When the smoke from marijuana is inhaled, the THC goes directly to the lungs. Your lungs are lined with millions of alveoli, the tiny air sacs where gas exchange occurs. These alveoli have an enormous surface area -- 90 times greater than that of your skin -- so they make it easy for THC and other compounds to enter the body. Smoke is absorbed by the lungs just seconds after inhaling. The THC then travels up to the brain via blood vessles.

In your brain, there are groups of cannabinoid receptors concentrated in several different places. High concentrations of cannabinoid receptors exist in the hippocampus, cerebellum and basal ganglia. Cannabinoid receptors are activated by a neurotransmitter called anandamide. Anandamide belongs to a group of chemicals called cannabinoids. THC is also a cannabinoid chemical. THC mimics the actions of anandamide, meaning that THC binds with cannabinoid receptors and activates neurons, which causes adverse effects on the mind and body, AKA getting high.

5. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

heheh, nice but he asked 'why', not 'how'

6. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

why is because of the THC.... how is because ya smoked it

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

the question can take on two meaning depending on the interpretation of the word 'you'. it can mean the person your talking to, or just any person. thats why the internet sucks for the contemporary english language.

at teh same time, 'why' can be asking for a motive or for the nature of the process

sober people dont get it and its not their fault. i didnt get it before i tried it. its physically impossible for them to comprehend. but thats the case with most things for everyone, you and me

8. Beleg

Beleg Member

To be high!

Im a lil toasted my self right now...

9. outlaw immortal

outlaw immortal Member

i choose to get high because it is the best experience of my life to date.

tell your friend i was like him up to about 6 months ago then i thought fuck it and brought some off a friend. i smoked a gram and got soooooooooo high. i went in open minded but was a little scared at first then i started to relax and went with the experience. i was so pissed off that the government had lied to me about this plant.

my advice to your friend - try it, have a sitter (someone to watch over him), go in open minded and go with the experience.

10. ihavenoideawhatsgoin

ihavenoideawhatsgoin Banned

not necessarily a sitter but dont do it alone.

11. outlaw immortal

outlaw immortal Member

i'd only recommend a sitter to make him feel more safe and secure.

rather be safe than sorry, rather toke than drink.

12. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

a sitter? u mean i cant just toke alone my first time?

13. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

I smoke because im obsessive compulsive and im skinny (anarexia runs in my moms side) and ive been smoking it since 9th grade and I havent found any good reason to quit. its one of the only things that can chill me out. did i mention it gets you baked?

14. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

you dont need a fucking sitter for weed, just make sure u have alot of food and water/drinks handy and toke up, u wont be jumping out a window or anything.

15. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

you dont need a sitter or anyone around you at all you will be fine just know that no one has ever died from weed,and you will come down ive had like3 bad experiances in like two+ years of toking but nothing that horrilbe, and i smoke weed because it helps my anxeity and its fun and its as safe as a drug can get(there are others just as safe tho)

16. SliceNDice

SliceNDice Member

I do it because being high is as fun as hell. I love it!

17. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

dude you can smoke alone, just get some snacks set up befor hand, and put in a movie and smoke through the previews, then chill and watch the movie.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

some people shoudnt do it their first time alone. a lot of people have no sense, and wouldnt even smoke it properly if they were alone. its not that you should do it for your safety, you should do it simply to have a good experience. its easy for a begginer to be worried about things or get paranoid. having a friend toke with you (not a sitter.. that implies theyre taking care of you like a child.. think of it more as a guide, a mentor) for your first time just means your more likely to do it right and have fun

19. outlaw immortal

outlaw immortal Member

thats what i meant. you don't need a sitter or someone there but it'll make the person feel more secure.