why do you/don't you post personal pictures

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by SunStoned72, May 11, 2007.

1. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

Just wondering.

Tell me all about it.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    I keep a storehouse of personal pictures online for family and friends
    to access whenever they want - but I'm a little uncomfortable
    sharing personal family photos or vacation pics with strangers.

Hotwater

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

people are interested in seeing my pics, so i put them up...

i put up pretty much anything...me having fun, me shitfaced, me with my nose busted....s'all good

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I show people pictures but I don't post them.

5. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I put too much out there already considering I am supposed to be posthumous. However, I am in the best shape of my life and seeing that I always looked younger than my true age, it's paying off dividens now. The rather hot 16 year old girl in her tight shorts from the apt across from me came over last week while I was working on my car and said she'd pay for a sixpack and let me drink half if I bought it for her. I said I was flattered but I was 38, but she didn't believe me and said that I had to be 28 (not that it would have made any difference to me or the law) and I was forced to show her my DL. She was stunned and said I was a year older than her dad. I've seen her dad and all I could think was, "Yeah, I could kick his ass." :D

I don't have a camera anyway. My motorola phone has a camera in it but the fucks at verizon crippled the fucker.[​IMG] There is a one scenario however that could prompt me to go buy a camera right now though.

6. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

Maybe it was a perverted justice sting?

7. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I have mixed feelings about it. I tried putting one up for pure vanity purposes, but I'm technologically challenged and wasn't able to.

P.S. Good question, btw. I also think it's generally good to be able to put a face to the name. Plus, seeing orgazmik's pics is enough to make you climb the walls. LOL!

8. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I'm one sexy motherfucker and I want the world to be able behold the gorgeousness that that I encompass.

9. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

you dont have self esteem problems, that's great.

10. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Really I just do it because I don't give a shit if people know what I look like. Who's really going to hunt me down and kill me because of something I said on the internet. If I was a 19 year old big breasted girl......I might think differently. I'm not, so I'm good.

But also because I'm sexy. :confused:

11. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

I dont like posting pics because I dont like feeling exposed... I need privacy, I'm too stoned here...lol

12. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i just say why not
    its weird looking back on the oldest pics from when i first joined this place and now

13. myself

myself just me

I put on pics. I think I like to experiment stuff on the net. I've removed some, added some new ones...

14. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

Pics of myself I reserve for the people with whom I've made a connection with.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

one simple reason for me, because to me, they are B-O-R-I-N-G !!

so much so that of me there are few all togather, and fewer still in electronicly transmissible format, two exactly and one of those is of my back wearing a green tail. (the other i uploaded to one of the invitation required forums on here, not meaning to keep anyone from seeing it, but that is just what ended up happining, the one of my back is in one of the personal but open forums, i don't know if either of these are currently anywhere else on line)

i just don't take or make pictures of people because they are not what visually interests me. odd little houses and environmentaly harmonious tecnologies are.

back when i was into photography, probably still would be if i had any kind of a decent camera or ever get one again, people kept asking me to do portraits of them, but almost invariably they came out like crap, or what i would consider crap anyway, because i really really couldn't get into taking that kind of pictures.

or maybe i was too much of a perfectionist. i don't know. but i felt that a picture of a person should say something about them as a person, and again, well people just arn't the most interesting thing there is to me.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I used to have a bunch in my gallery, but got paranoid and took them all out. Now I just have my sig pic.

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm hot shit. :D

Seriously though... I think I do it more for myself and for the memories than anything. I love going back on my gallery and seeing the pics there, it's all of my life for the last 5ish years just there... I always remember what I was thinking the moment the pic was taken, what I was feeling.

Plus, sharing pics is nice, ya know? I like to know what people look like, and I like people to know what I look like. I'd much rather have a mental image of you in my head than just imagine that you look like your avatar. Scary.

...and the whole paranoia thing... that's just sillly. Hell, I could use a stalker... I'd stalk them back!

18. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

The cops must really be desperate to entrap me like that then. Hope they find work soon. [​IMG]

Anyhow, I know I can make the pussy drip and I don't need validation. Besides, posting your pic invites traffic, and I'm too lazy to be carrying on conversations with more than one person at a time.

Still, where the hell was this chick when I was 16! [​IMG]

19. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Yes, indy and Rubin are both hot shit. And I have no idea why, but I had this insane desire to put my picture online when I was 12 (when I first discovered the net) and when I actually became remotely attractive in high school, the comments made me feel good, lol. I put updates because knowing what people look like makes me feel closer to them, so I figured I'd help others feel closer to me. As far as traffic, even when I got up the guts to post the supporter only pictures, I really didn't get that many more messages. I suspect people don't lurk my gallery too often, which is fine by me, lol.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My suspicions would be just a twinkle in her father's eye at that point...and probably not even that, seeing as he would've had to have been 15 and no 15 year old guy wants a kid yet.