Why Do You Act?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by honeyhannah, May 20, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I guess it is b/c I'm an actor and a writer(and a wannabe director) that I really think about these things but I wonder why you people love to act?

Do you get joy out of having the chance to get across the writer's idea, is it about the challenge of doing so to the point where you think the writer had it in his/her mind, is it about the challenge of feeling something different, and expressing that to other people, is it about getting up in front of the audience?

I just wonder what reasons mostly drive you?

Do you think about the writer at all?

I especially wonder about hollywood actors, because it seems a lot of them are really in it for the fame and fortune and nothing else, a lot of them take no pride in their pursuit, and don't even care if they do well...

just wondering!

2. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

I act because I love to explore different people. Their personality traits and habits, quirks, emotions. ...and I love acting livestage, engaging people in our story, hearing them laugh, etc.

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i loved acting so much in school, havent much since i got out besides really overdramatizing everything in real life. but i used to act because i loved getting into charachter and becoming another person. i also loved theatre makeup =) transforming into something new

4. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

if im being absolutely honest with you guys, i like to show off! but the atmosphere is amazing, and the buzz is the best natural high ive ever experienced! jennyflower xxx

5. sanctified

sanctified Member

I like being someone else for a little while. It's so great to get ino character, it's like trying something new. Preforming is also great fun.

6. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

For me its a rush getting up there. I like to think of it as fooling people. I want to make them believe that I am someone else. Anyone else fell in love with a fictional character lol

7. The Penis

The Penis Member

rereeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Ive been acting since I can remember. Its a real passion for me...Its a forum to express myself, to get myself into the mind of another, bring ti across to the audience. Its intoxicating. Ill never stop, even if its a part time thing.

9. IvSeenTwilght

IvSeenTwilght Member

ya, i love taking on different roles. Also a big part of it is the reactions of the audiance. there is nothing better than the feeling that you get when you do something funny, and there is a big audiance there laughing. It's awesome.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i act because i live off people's reactions of me.

i love to make a whole audience laugh

and cheer

because without an audience in life... its not worth anything.
    to me