why do u do opiates?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by SpENS93, Feb 5, 2009.

1. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

besides the obvious they make u feel amazing what is your reasoning for doing opies?

for me ive always been kinda of kept to myself but when on opiates i am more friendly and just talk 2 everyone.

my favorite time to dose is in class like last night, i got real involved with the discusssions and just had a blast learning and talking to people

2. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

i would have to pretty much agree with what you just said. I feel much more "normal" in social situations and have more fun hanging out/talking to people.

3. Morphoxycode1

Morphoxycode1 Member

This takes me back to the good old days! My first vike gave me an awesome feeling of subtle relaxation and peace. After experimenting more, I noticed they'd put me in a sociable mood, just like you guys, and helped with the awkwardness I felt. I was interested in things, happy, energized yet relaxed, aches and pains went away, cold temps easier to deal with (I hate cold), and made work suck so much less!

4. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

Yea, unfortunately they make everything 10x more awesome... they even make doing nothing feel amazing. I can be having the time of my life just sitting, browsing the web, typing to people, and listening to music.

And I hate to say it but I just feel more comfortable on opiates... and I get so accustomed to apathy while I'm on them. It's like you have the ability to witness something terrible and just say, "Fuck that, I'm happy."

5. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

it is unfortunate.

6. dip n' dab

dip n' dab Member

i do opiates because i love the nodding. sometimes i get closed eye hallucinations, those are amazing to witness. and yeah, also cause of feeling less awkward in social situations, but i've noticed that when on opiates, i have insane rage outbursts for very stupid reasons.

7. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

+1

yea... me too.

8. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

because im a drug addict, and variety is a good thing

9. OXYmoron

OXYmoron Member

I take them for severe chronic back pain following an MVA in 2006. Also they do wonders for my depression and anxiety problems I used to be on a ton of psych meds but dont need them anymore because of my miracle drug...OxyContin. Is there anyone else out there that finds that opies help with depression and anxiety? And Im not talking about when your absolutely fucked on them, of course your gonna feel good. Im talking about therapeutic dosage.

10. TooCrisp

TooCrisp Member

Be careful dude. Of course opiates get rid of all depression and anxiety, they make you feel amazing. Thats no secret. Ever heard of people turning to drugs to cope with depression? Has this ever turned out well?

its essentially just obtaining a short term "high" (even if it is just therapuetic dose, its still the high that gets rid of the depression"), that doesn't really fix things in reality, just numbs you temporarily, only to make you feel more depressed when not on them. I guess if you take them for pain and have a script it is okay, because you are really never not on them, but if for whatever reason you get that script taken away from you will be in a world of hurt, and not just physically. Even if you don't it still sucks living life dependent on a drug to feel good mentally. You never get to feel true emotions, it's like everything is whatever, i feel good. it sucks and is no way to go through life.

11. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

I take opiates for Chronic pain.. Been on them for years and probably be on them for years to come...
    Been also known to take a few here and there for recreation..
    Dam I want a fent patch LOL :D

12. S2S

S2S Member

I started taking them after I went to the emergency room for a horrible burning in my stomach which they gave me morphine to ease. I was lying in that hospital bed getting pleasure from just looking at the walls.

I continued seeking/taking them for their afforementioned social effects when it comes to new situations and also to bond more closely with the people I already know (especially when they also do them).

13. polecat

polecat Weerd

They give me a strong sense of well-being that is absent in my sober life.

14. OXYmoron

OXYmoron Member

Ya, I understand what your saying about it sucking to be dependant on a drug to function. But really I've tried everything for the pain and opioids are the only thing that help. The mood thing is just a fortunate side effect. Plus my doctors were telling me that I was basically a lifer on the psych meds anyways and I was able to DC them after starting on the 'contin. So yes, while I do agree that needing a drug to get through life is a shit state of affairs to be in, I'd rather be dependant on 1 pill that the 5 or 6 that I was on before I hurt myself.

15. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

They make me feel happy and literally physically good. Like I prefer amphetamines, and they make you mentally feel awesome about yourself, but opiates literally just make you feel all warm and "mmmmmmmm"

16. Nikolai37

Nikolai37 Member

Im prescribed oxy's for some crazy nerve damage I have. It's brutally painful, but when I hit the oxy's throughout the day I hardly feel anything. It's really an amazing drug for this as it is for recreational use.

17. TooCrisp

TooCrisp Member

Not knocking you at all man, totally understandable and I am somewhat jealous that you have a script. If someone told me that I would be 100% guaranteed a script of oxys for the rest of my life, I would probably take them and be okay with being dependent on them. Just saying there are some down sides to such a beautiful thing.

18. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

where u at in detroit brotha?

19. does2

does2 Member

I use them becaue I love the feeling, lol. I don't really dig stimulants... never have. I don't have any ADD or anything.
    But doing a drug and getting energy, A.K.A. stimulants, to me that isn't a high. I can see a purpose it serves, though.
    Opiates are the epitome of the word "drug". They really make you not care, happy and sort of indifferent, imo, of course.
    One can put things off for a lifetime with the help of opiates.

Boy, I love 'em. :D

:cheers2:

20. will00226

will00226 Member

Mainly to relax and get rid of stress. I have some pretty shity days and just want to feel good.