Why do Rastafarians hate whites and Catholics?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by Jozak, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

why is it so hard to have a healthy insightful debate/discussion on religion? It seems like everytime one discusses/compares/or contrasts one another's beliefs there are always those that have to degrade the opposing view to justify their own.

It's annoying to read such insightful thoughts that have been weeded with insults and personal attacks. God, or Jah, would see no use in using these negative thought forms. Why persecute one another when we are all formed of one love?

2. Reverend_Loki

Reverend_Loki Member

Dude, I'm sorry, but how the HELL do you propose to know the mind of god?
    If there is a diety, and it created negative thought forms, then obviously it made them to be thought.

You Rastafarians have forgotten how to Hate. I pity you.

3. rak

rak Senior Member

Why are most rastafari’s white Catholics?

4. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

What confuses you? Look up the etymology of Pope, and you will find it goes back to Pontifex maximus. The Roman institution of High priest and king, started when Julius Caesar became supreme dictator and did away with the corruption of the Republic. He as supreme lord of the physical being King, now wanted to control the peoples souls as well, a practice that hadn't been around since Babylon. The persians practiced it to an extent, with Darius and Xerxes. He basically by calling himself Pontifex Maximus called himself Pharaoh.
    This was always the enemy of the truly righteous. No man was in-between god and the individual. YOU MAKE YOUR COVENANT WITH JAH OR ALLAH JUST THE SAME AS ADAM did. Follow by example not worship these holy men in the flesh. The big mistake the catholics forced on everybody. It was all politics
    they wanted to convert Europe so they did the same thing the Jews did. They got engulfed and did not stand their ground. They assimilated to the point where they lost their religion. As with the catholics no Pope is needed every man is the pope in hte eyes of allah if he has submitted and been assimilated into Allah.
    No Lamb is to be sacrificed just like no trinity or mother goddess is to be worshipped aside the true lord. God requires a personal covenant, prayer, devotion, and good will towards all men.

Rastas are Christians and while every man is created equal. He is capable of being corrupted by Satan. Which is what the Catholic institution is. Everything that jesus christ the nazritie preached. However all religion works if it shows people the light of Allah, which is never to late to be seen. Every holy monotheist is a muslim. They are just not aware of the simplified system that Muhammed PBUH recited.

5. Lawman_Gad

Lawman_Gad Member

InI ran across this over google.......

Just to clear up some stuff.....

Rastas are ONE, but in my Fathers house, there is many mansions, that is to say we have different streams that have different views on things (not to mention the vast amount that do not stick with any stream).

Rastas do not hate whites nor catholics. Rasta do not (or try not to) hate people.

"White people" is a reference you will hear Marcus Garvey make alot, although if you must understand why he did this, you must understand the time he lived in. He was considerd inferior, although he was a very smart (although sometimes misguided) man, which was caused by the white downpresser, who was in that time still heavily involved in colonialism. I will not denie that sometimes my ears ring of what I hear some bredren say, but if you put the words in context they are often relevent, H.I.M. would have nothing of so-called races, neither will I.

Catholics are fine people, some of my inlaws are Catholic and I love them to pieces. The vatican on the other hands is a thorn in any Rastas eyes, it defies GOD again and again. In the simplest form you can see it on any Catholics wall..... Yeshua on a cross?!??! This in and by it self goes against Genesis and this is just the tiniest example of ongoing defiance of GOD by the Catholic institution. It would not bother anyone so much, if the vatican wasnt running most of the world.
    Catholics do not seem to be aware of what is in the bible, because they are generally not encouraged to read the bible for themselves, how many Catholics have read Genesis through Revelation?
    Rome is babylon, that's why it vexes Rastafari
    Jozak, if you wish to defend the vatican, please start explaining why it seems like an organised childmolesters club :confused: The evil of Rome is not history, it surfaces everyday.

Furhter more, I saw someone claiming to be a Rastafari denouncing militancy.... Well I have never....... Militancy is key to Rastafari, use every chance you can get to get your point across. Who would have heard of Bob Marley, or Peter Tosh if it wasnt for militancy? If you are trying to say you object to violence, great point, but militancy within Rastafari has nothing to do with flesh and blood.

One more point is "homosexuality". Rastafari have nothing against homosexuality, it is just that sodomy is not excepted :rolleyes: . You see, just because something is renamed, doesnt make it right.
    Does this mean I go lynch homosexuals? No, I work with homosexuals, what they do with their spare time is their problem...... they can go worship the pope for all I care :p I just dont want this type of babylonian behaviour around me in my sparetime.

Jozak, in about the third post (years ago) someone asked you why you asked the question, then you spent aloberate time flaming people who answered (cursing and cussing), having read the whole thread, please tell me, what was your interest?

6. RastaforChrist

RastaforChrist Member

I'm white and I'm Rastafarian. I have a Catholic step-father and many catholic step-siblings and I love them very much. I have white and black white Rastafarian friends and they correspond with each other and white and black Catholics and are happy. I think your confused with Rastafarian's not liking the beliefs of white supremacists, or racists. Nut this varies. I'm sure there are Afro-Rastafarian's that don't like whites or Catholics for whatever reason, but there are just those kind of people out there. I hope that helped :)

Have a Christ Blessed day brother