Why do Rastafarians hate whites and Catholics?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by Jozak, Jun 3, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I'm not trying to seem like I am just trying to disagree...but the first few brethern of rasta's were raided because they were stocking weapons. The Maroons of Jamaica (Slaves that rebeled and won their freedom, even though their later history is torn between freedom fighter, or police force for the man) are great Rasta Heros. What about Marcus Garvey...he was not a peaceful man...I believe that you should be peaceful, until someone forces you not to be!!!

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

nice post, funky. i really love that last line.

3. RobbyRedLocks

RobbyRedLocks Member

WAIT - Whites belong in Europe? Blacks in Africa? educate yourself please - Africa is the homeland of ALL MANKIND - The Birthplace of All MAN - The Rivers that came out of The garden encompassd the WHOLE LAND OF ETHIOPIA!!!
    white black this & that - does not sound like the words of a Bredren

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

maybe it's because many white people are openly racist

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

there are always people of almost every race that are openly racist....

6. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

No Black people are openly racist nowadays. Most white people I know respect blacks, but then blacks don't give that back. They think just because of athletics, tv, and hip hop there better than us. Seriously how many black people still practice white culture, compared to whites practicing and becoming involved in black culture. Thats a stupid statement. Whites are not openly racist anymore. Except for skinheads and race haters that just hate everyone.

Back to Jozak I haven't really checked this post for a while, but dude how can you say Catholicism hasn't borrowed the Babylonian Religion? With most of its customs? Your obviously ignorant dude, solely due to the fact that The Catholic church has claimed sole control over sun worship. Even said so by Thomas Paine. When he proposed the sun a viable god as his god being a Deist.
    Caesar was THE first pontifex maximus, to reinstate the title upon the Emporer, being that he was the first EMPORER To break the republic. The Pontifex maximus, is a title of the ancient Priest king of babylon, similar to the PHaroah of egypt. He was the self-appointed High Priest king. But it connects to christianity because the Roman Catholic Clergy, adopted this title as their Supreme Pontiff, IE POPE. Pontifex Maximus its simple Latin.
    Obviously youv'e also never heard the reference Babylon, in a reggae song, or Rastafari articles. It is the material system of slow spiritual decay, and political brainwash by the priestly caste. Which was followed by a pursuit of the forerunners to Rastafi way back in ancient times. Due to mainly the use of the cannabis, which like all psychadelics, grants you freedom to look inside and think for yourself. Find real truths, deeply inbedded in your brain and dna. These are the first thing outlawed by the organized religions. Because it would destroy their whole Hierarchy and priesthood money-making scam. First the Babylonians, then the Jews adopted it, then the Romans. THEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CAME OUT OF ROME.
    It just so happens most of the people that this materialistic system of Dogma and persecution was carried on by whites. This is the whole Babylon/white crap they talk about. When its not the people themselves.

7. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

Fukkin A Rite Brudda! Hate the rasist not the race!

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

save your time, all Jozak posts some form of this on every incarnation of the site.
    He's so caught up in defending his phucking huge uber rich church that won't feed its hungry that he has to make other religions look bad.

9. Zion

Zion Member

Im a freek see. And if the sun were a movie camera it would capture things in the way that they happen. So if some one just came up and hurt or killed me, it we reveal them to be the evil one not me. And so what happened might not add up to happy logic, on their behaif. Making their experience revealed to be confused, not mine. Get where Im goin?
    A peace man who was killed did nothing wrong, thus died happily. Didn't matter how or when, but died happily.

10. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

Satisfaction turns to worms. Its good to die happy.

11. grimjivey

grimjivey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Religon is not for me.

There seems to be a double standard here. Would so many people rush to defend Methodism? God forbid anyone should say anything bad about anything "black", even if it is true.

I've been reading more and more about how nontolerant the rasta's (at least in Jamica) can be, ecpecially towards gays.

I say, if theres intolerance anywhere, even within a community which has been the victim of intolerance, it should be addressed.

12. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

the homophopia problem in jamaica doesn't come from rasta, but is held by most male's from jamaica! there's been whole social studies conducted as to where this comes from, but please, don't address this as a rastafarian issue...and remember, the religion is strongly based in the old testement, which speaks pretty strongly against homosexuals!

13. Zion

Zion Member

Rastas dont believe in lust, of coarse all sexuality is excluded

14. grimjivey

If that is so, than why can I not address this issue with the rasta's?

I undersatnd that it is not an entirely rasta thing, but it does seem to related as you have said. It is my arguement that "Rasta" is a popular religion here (among the hip). But I say it is just a guilty as the next (not quite as popular) religon. If they exclude people for being gay, they are no better than their Christain brothers and sisters (in that regard).

15. grimjivey

FunkyPhreshMama, I like you.

I don't know why feel the need to argue with you so much.

Have a fine day!!!

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

hey, its ok, no bad blood, a lot of people don't argue their own opinions like you do, your not arguing from a book and thats cool with me =)

17. Credo

Credo Member

My brother "Mellow Psychedelia," a few years ago, you wrote:

"Rastas don't hate whites.
    And Catholics have been fucking with the bible and twisting true religous things to benifit fit them, they don't like catholics because that establishment is evil... narcs
    Peace"

There can be no "peace" as long as such hatred and vile words reside in your heart and on your tongue. To find out what Catholics believe/teach and what the early Church Fathers taught and believed, go to www.catholic.com. If you dare to search for Truth, you'll find things you've never been told and will be surprised.

I'll be praying for you,
    Credo

18. Puffis

Puffis Member

Rastas don't hate whites JAH created us all, Rastas don't hate Catholics Garvey was a Catholic

19. nelliefox

nelliefox Member

You view your belief of the Rasta God (in regards to Catholics) on ONE particular Catholic? That is absolutely pathetic and it substantiates a great deal of what the writer asked you about. You have no idea, do you? Have you even taken time to really talk to people that are different than you lately? (and family doesn't count...I mean of your OWN VOLITION!). I'm talking about anyone that you might encounter who is peaceful; old people, young people, blacks, whites, indians, democrats, republicans, oh, the list goes on and on.

Please don't think that just because you deem yourself a "Rastafarian" (or that you deem yourself anything for that matter) that there isn't a whole lot of good out there in the world that radiates from many different "sources."

Wise up and THINK STRAIGHT! N.

20. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

This is very interesting yet confusing to me. I wonder if you could give me a link to a Rasta for dummies site :)