Why do Rastafarians hate whites and Catholics?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by Jozak, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Jozak

Jozak Member

I have always wondered this, any reason?

2. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

well, check out the book revelation in the bible. somwhere in there John speaks of the dragon and the serpent making war with the lamb. if you look at the events that happened with Haile I Sellasie I in the 40's you'll understand. The Pope(the dragon) blessed the troops of Mussolini(the serpent) Mussolini went to Ethipoia and raged war on Haile I Sellasie I(the lamb). theres really alot more to it. just look at all the catholic church has done. if you wanna know more send me a PM. lovin' you.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

hang on your not saying you believe that the revelations were referring to that actual incident are you?

4. daisys

daisys Member

Blessed Bredren.

Firstly, it is not Rastafarian.. there are no isms, skims about this, how many time does it need to be said? Rastafari is not a "religion" it is a faith, a way of life. Sight?

I&I propose to you a question: why do you ask this question?

I&I thinks yu a stereotyping Rastafari here because lots of Rastarfari have their own opinions on such things.

I am Rastafari. I am white. I have Rastafari friends - they hold nothing against for being white. There is a great Inity between us. Some Rastafari are still angry and upset about our ancestors stealing them from their homeland. The promised land. Africa. I&I also think because of the racist abuse in todays Babylon it obviously is going to cause conflict but with this they have every right to be upset. We can only pray for Jah to heal their pain and teach them forgiveness.

Jah teaches dat Rastafari is Iniversal - this means it is for everyone and anyone. Jah did not restrict it to a particular race, because man made the word “race” and it’s meaning, man made racism, not Jah.

Haile Selassie I said "The colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of their eyes." and it is so true.

As for the Catholic thing. Some Rastafari believe similar things - for instance some Rastafari believe in the Ible like the Catholics do.

Rastafari is a peaceful faith and I&I believe that their should be great spiritual kinsmenship between a Rasta and anyone. For with Jah light I feel it impossible to withhold my love for everyone.

After all, Haile Selassie I was a Christian himself. So why would we have anything against the Catholic Christians? Sure we have our disputes but that is not Hatred!

Remember: One love. One heart.

I hope this helped in some way.

Jah Bless you.

Daisys x

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Halie Sallassie, ras Tafari, did not think he was a diety, either.

Ethiopian emporers before colonization also used Lion of Judah in their overblown titles.

Jozack, do you have any proof of your allegations? or are you being hateful?

6. hess

hess Member

well iman must start with a teaching that a blessed bredren taught i

Each Rasta has his own path to trod seen? but it all leads to one place, to Jah, know that each Rasta has different feelings.

There are many reasons why some Rastas dislike white people, the strong point being that there has been so much downpressing from white people.

Iman ask, where you sit to day? yesI, in Babylon shitstem!
    And where do so many Rastas sit? in Babylons shitstem.

Now where do each of these people belong? the White man in Europe? the Black Africans in there homeland? but then why deny the Black Man his rightful place? because white people STOLE human beings! and yesI, iman sight that there was African downpressors too, stealing black people to sell. which is why the Nyabinghi Chant "Death to black and white oppressors!" ALL OPPRESSORS!.

also there are other reasons other than the unfortunate beggining of the white and black mans relationship.

What about the Klu Klux Klan? thousands of white men chasing and hunting down black people to kill! tell I, how would you feel towards black people if thousands of them went on a mad rampage claiming that white people all deserve to die, calling yuh scum, and this and that?

And then yuh look at current afairs in the world, now that segregation is still present, still a white man is favoured over a black man JUST BECAUSE THE COLOUR OF HIS SKIN! (and yesI, iman also know that in sum cases black people are favoured over white, both cases MUST BE STOPPED!)

and iman must say "once bitten, twice shy" many black people find it hard to trust white people, though Iman pray and pray to JahJah, InI's creator, the most high, to help all and all realise equality.

and also, about Catholics, iman nah know too much about this part, but iman can say, them Catholics sit down all rightous, make them rules, but iman nah see them loving Jah, yuh know, in Henry the 8th time or so, (before he set up the church of England) them Catholics said yuh could BUY your way into heaven, to God. iman ask, does this show a good side to Catholics? them a sit there, telling people what to do, but not listening to there own words.

well iman hope i helped yuh overstand a little bit more :)

Blessings

7. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

It's understandable that rastafari would find it hard to trust white people, it's nature to distrust people who keep doing things to you, but what people need to realize is that it's not a RACE of people that's doing this to you. It's a GROUP of people that's doing this to you. Having a skin color in common does not mean you also have thoughts in common. In any way shape or form. The skin color of someone binds him in absolutely no way whatsoever to the mind of someone with the same skin color. It gives him no relation at all other than shade of skin.

That's what the idea of skin color being no more important than eye color means. Just because a group of people with brown eyes steal something from you doesn't mean that everyone with brown eyes wants to steal from you too. The same way just because a group of people with white skin steals you from your land doesn't mean everyone with white skin wants to do the same.

Also: I'd like to add that, I'm not Rasta, but I do share several beliefs.

8. Jozak

Jozak Member

How was ANYTHING in my post hateful? It was a simple question but thanks for not stating anything relavent to it.

BTW everyone else, thank you for responding, I appreciate it.:)

9. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, it has to do with what someone mentioned about the pope blessing Mussolini to fight Sellassie I.

It also has to do with the reasoning that there should not be an earthly intermediary that people have to please to please God. The Pope is a man, appointed by men. Look at him, he is sickly and weak, but they still make him perform these duties. The position of the Pope was invented and now he alone supposedly can speak with God. Read your bible. Where is this pope? It's an invention of men to control people with fear.

The Catholic Church has a long history of controlling people with violence and fear.

10. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

To bad there are'nt a few more black people that can admit that.

I read somewhere, that there was an african prince who was very smart. Always reading and stuff. Well, when he became king, he set up schools and such to teach people how to learn other lanuages and read, so they could become civilized. Well, he hired a bunch of monks from spain to come teach, but turns out that when they realized that the africans were so guillible, they started paying other tribes to capture them. And apearently this started the whole thing.

11. Jozak

Jozak Member

The first pope was the apostole Peter (If you are Catholic and beleive so), thus, the belief of apostolic succession of the papcy gives the pope those powers. It was Christ who first did this, NOT man himself.

Are you seriously going to rag on the pope for being 80 somthing and in poor health? Come on. He wasn't always that way, you know.

12. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No, I'm not ragging on the pope for being in ill health. I think that if Catholics love him they should have some compassion and let the poor man retire. It's cruel.

13. Jozak

Jozak Member

No one is forcing him not to retire, in fact many Catholics want him to. He won't. Popes traditionally do not retire, and this is a very, very conservative pope and probably won't if someone were to try to make him.

14. MellowPsychedelia

MellowPsychedelia Member

Rastas don't hate whites.
    And Catholics have been fucking with the bible and twisting true religous things to benifit fit them, they don't like catholics because that establishment is evil... narcs

Peace

15. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How about me? I may be Catholic, but I'm Asian. Does this mean I'm hated too?

16. Disarm

Disarm Member

I'm white and i have dreadlocks :( It's not the rastafari that are mean about it, they're yummy and nice, but everyone else, cause they think I'm trying to be one. Rastafarians are more likely to congratulate me and start talking about what product I use! I only know a few rastafarians but they're the nicest, least racist/sexist/xenophobic/anti-catholic people I know.

17. Jozak

Jozak Member

Try me :H

18. Jozak

Jozak Member

Yes, lol unfortuently it's a double whammy for you. One of my best friends Shaun is half philipino and is Catholic as well. ;)

19. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

But...sniff...but...sniff, sob...I love Bob Marley. And weed. (wipes a tear) Doesn't that count for something?

20. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well I don't know much about rastafari, but I do know that the catholic church is more like an enterprise, or business (and it especially was during the time the roman catholics were spreading the religion, around the time of constantine up until protestants left europe because of persecution) and rastafarians denounce any babylonian structure like that.

please correct me if I have misrepresented anything here.