why do people overcomplicate everything?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meliai, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

Simply speaking of the hippi ideology.
    I know the 70s were a strange time in this country. Do you believe everything you've read in the history books?
    I've talked to alot of older poeple from that generation and I believe that their thoughts on the way the world should have been were right and I meant born in the late fiftys so i could trully enjoy the seventys.

2. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

You know what's really overcomplicating... I'm probably gonna get banned because some crazy bitch went into the PETA thread and started harrassing me. She won't get into trouble even though she was in the wrong because she's a lifetime supporter. I'll get banned though cause im not besties with all the mods. Is there no justice anymore. Am i not allowed to speak my mind in peace without getting harrassed by some crazy chick who thinks she's better than me because she has more posts. I have a piont of view too. Freedom of speech my ass! This place is just another gossip group for feminist extremist to take over and take control. They don't have to like me they don't have to agree but if i do get banned for this i want all of the bastards involved to kiss my little white ass and suck my thirteen inch purple cock. sons of bitches!

3. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I'm not in a peace and love kinda mood anymore

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

No darling, the "Hippie" movement began in the early sixties, culminated about 67-69 then sort of faded into the American fabric as another subculture that continues to present day.
    My "history book" remark was trying to point out that your at least a few decades late in your desired birth if you wanted to be an original "hippy". To do that you would have had to been born between about 1945-1955.

Oh and about believing everything I read in history books, I spent my childhood watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and news reports of riots in the streets. I smoked my first joint in '72, first LSD journey in '75, so while not officially in that specific time window, I'm a helluva lot more "hippie" and in tune with all that crap from that era than you ever will be.

For me one defining feature of someone from that era that really fucking solidifies the whole ideology is seeing friends come home from Vietnam in body bags. Sad but true, that unified the youth of a nation to call for change more than anything else. I still vividly remember the nightly news reports. :(

So when all you little children dream and get all romantic about being a "hippy" all I got to say, "Yay, right whatever kid." You kids today with all the bitching about the wars in recent times have absolutely no idea how sheltered you are from it compared to back then.
    Imagine finding out your son was killed in action because you saw his lifeless body on the evening news two days before the telegram arrived. Happened to a friend of my father.

So you kids today jumping onto a "hippy" ideal really have no clue at all, it's just another fad that goes along with your I-pad.
    :afro:

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well whatever happen in that thread won't get you banned, but going on about it the way you are in another thread sure might. Just sayin'

longevity or popularity don't matter, rules is rules. A few verrrry long time members have gotten the axe for stepping over the line.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can't really think of a single person here I would describe as a feminist extremist.

And Yeah, talking about banning or who should be banned will get you banned pretty quickly.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i've definitely seen lifetime supporters get banned before.

8. roamy

roamy Senior Member

this thread is very complicated

9. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I have heard about many of the horrors of that time period. I am fully aware that it wasn't all dancing in the sunshine there was much hardship. Yes my dates where off but I was simply generalizing and wishing I could've been born sooner so as to be with my husband sooner instead of later. Still wanna be a hippi and come to understand the true meaning of it. Its not just a fad for me. Never owned a ipod or pad in my entire life. I was a child caged in my house by a not so wonderful woman I am unfortunate enough to call mother. I mean no disrespect in fact quite the opposite. My statement on history books merely means I feel like for my generation in the schooling I have recieved I have been led to believe many things untrue. Hence why my knowledge of when the hippi movement started was off. I try and research many thing ( sometimes all at once) I'm still learning much and the hippi movement has always intrigued me the most. I love talking to older poeple from that generation. I want to know more about how it was started and how it has progressed through time.

10. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

Gee arn't you sweet.

11. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I believe you are correct sir. My gingervitus simply got away from. I'll put her back on her leash.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I don't really have any comment except I love reading dramatic threads (saw the PETA one too lol) .. when I'm not involved in the drama. :)

Hope everyone's having a good night! :)

13. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

You crack me up chica

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I'm serious... it's interesting. :)

15. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

Life has a tendency to be that way. I'm normally more entertained with intellegent conversation. I kinda feel like astronomy talk at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.