Why do people hate trump so much?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Thanks in advance btw! And take your time :)

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Im just here to point out that seeking asylum is perfectly legal

And to point out the 4000 claims of sexual abuse made by children held in detention centers

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Explain to me how sneaking across the border then asking for asylum is coming here legally? Maybe you know something I don’t.. but I don’t think that’s the legal process. But either way, I don’t really care at this point. Some of these nations need to fix their own problems internally, we can’t take everyone.

And regarding the bombing, I’m mostly impartial to it at this point as well although I don’t agree with it philosophically.

I was simply pointing out how hilarious it is that people get so upset over locking up illegals but we’re silent when Obama was droning the shit out of people including children.

I am more concerned about domestic issues such as the domestic economy.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Oh.. because their home countries are so humane and great that they come here in a desperate attempt to escape their situation, yet the US “damages” them for enforcing its laws.

I can flip that argument and say I was “damaged” by all their gangs on the streets of dc when I was a kid.

5. Asmodean

That would be a rhetoric argument only. Ever considered getting into national politics yourself? :-D

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Please point me to the law that states asylum seekers should be detained indefinitely

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I’m not an immigration lawyer, and I don’t care.

I’m in favor of the wall. Keep them all out, they can seek asylum from the other side.

8. Asmodean

The wall will very likely not stop illegal immigration though. It's mostly symbolic

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

It will stop at least most of it.

10. Asmodean

Lol Do you really believe that.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

How would it not? First of all, you don’t even know the design of the wall so making claims like that is based on a liberal emotional argument. You’re grasping at straws at this point.

12. Asmodean

No, just like with drug smuggling there are many alternative methods. Maybe you should look into it some more. A good wall may stop some illegal immigration but far from all. Not the majority of it

13. I just read an interesting article about "the Trump effect", how electing Trump actually united Europe and increased trust in the EU and European unity. So....that's nice? :sweatsmile:

I really don't want to comment on US domestic policies and politics. But even without that, the man's clearly an idiot and resembles a giant, spoiled child.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Most illegal immigrants overstay their visas rather than cross illegally so it appears you're the one basing your claims on emotional arguments

Asmodean likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Seeking asylum isn't coming here illegally. Separating infants from their parents, putting them in cages, and then losing track of them is beyond barbaric. If you don't have a problem with it, what does that say about you?

MeAgain and Asmodean like this.
  17. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Because he's an egomaniacal jackass!!!

18. Perhaps not, but I will likely reduce the number of bodies (people abandoned by coyotes) found in the desert. If regular folks know there's a barrier, they'll seek other ways to get in. Instead of trying to do it on foot.

The bollard fence is a better idea. Wildlife can get through it where a wall would not allow this. Watching them demolish the prototype walls in San Diego made this obvious.

I've watched both parties deliver little more than lip service to this issue. And I've been hearing about the southern border problems for nearly all of my life. I can only wonder what life would be like in the US and Mexico if the barrier had gone up during Reagan's administration. Because the problems travel in both directions, not exclusively south to north.

deviate likes this.
  19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A bobcat or ocelot might be able to get through, but I doubt it. Longhorn sheep, pumas, pronghorn antelope, and bison never.

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

That may be true, our government needs to adopt a better system for example fast tracking visas. And it’s not just some racist problem exclusive to Latin America. Do you know how hard it is for a Russian or even Polish person to visit here to see their family? I am not totally unreasonable or heartless.

But I’m in favor of the wall even if it is simply symbolic.

WritersPanic likes this.