Why do people hate trump so much?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 26, 2019.

1. At least Obama advanced drone warfare!

deviate likes this.
  2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Most people think Trump is arrogant, and I agree he is in his own flamboyant, uber-obvious way.

But Obama was much more arrogant, except he did a better job of hiding it. Yet you could not help but see the clear disdain he had for a good chunk of Americans. You could see the arrogance both in his mannerisms and his language.

But why am I even arguing over this silly shit? Whether it's Obama, Trump, or Howdy Doody himself, presidents are puppets, and they would not be president unless authorized by the true controllers. While at times I feel almost compelled to the defend Trump because of the left's increasingly ridiculous attacks on him over every little bit of dirt they can dig up, he is there to play the role of the buffoon so I cannot in any way feel sorry for him. Trump is part of the game, and those who love him are as utterly duped as the ones who despise him. I see Trump for what he is -- an actor plating a role in a movie we believe to be "reality." None of this shit is real, but I am just a crazy conspiracy theorist so what do I know. <<< (rhetorical question so no ?)

Rahab likes this.
  3. He was on the tv show, the apparatus! So he is an actor and loves to be on tv. Perfect qualifications

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, as you said yourself you have zero faith in government anyway. So in that regard you're just shitting on the situation without being constructive. If I recall right though, you also know your solution, some form of anarchy, would almost certainly work even less good in reality (why call it a solution then lol). So yeah, we better go with influencing the best form of democratic government we can get instead of taking your advice here.

5. Pressed_Rat

Exactly. And the "character" he played on The Apprentice is (almost) the same exact same character he is playing as president -- a comical looking blowhard who is loud-mouthed, arrogant and condescending -- and perfectly divisive when politics are added to the equation.

6. Asmodean

Which are? How does the real secret system works and looks like? And what convinced you of this? You and I both know, I and several others have asked this before to you on here. That you are generally put away as a conspiracy theorist is because of your refusal to answer this shit clearly and in depth. Are they coming for you if you spill the beans (you're welcome to PM me :) )? :p

7. Pressed_Rat

I will respond tonight, Asmo. Going to bed for now.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

See i'm really not sure if I should waste my time with a serious answer
    Take medicare for all for example. Research shows America will save 2 trillion by switching to single payer, that for profit insurance drives up the cost of healthcare, that we pay a lot more for our current system than other countries with single payer do, that the tax burden would be a decrease on what we already pay for insurance so we would all save money

All the facts are there to indicate that financially a single payer system is simply more cost effective (and of course is the better moral choice.) You've had every opportunity to learn this, theres no way you dont know this, and yet you're still regurgitating simplistic right wing talking points
    So I dont think you're really asking me seriously

MeAgain, Tyrsonswood and scratcho like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It is.

I'll reply later gotta get back to work

(Yes I have a job and still believe in social programs like single payer lol)

10. Stopped Watching TV about 2010. Get most of my news from the Internet but even then it’s limited like Yahoo at most. Most donors don’t spend much time on celebrities and politicians because they are all actors and want the limelight. Why would I spend my time studying on a millionaire doesn’t know me? Regardless I’ve been here taking care of my bunnies a worthwhile project.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

This fits the profile of the Trump supporters I know--the ones who show up in my living room every week. They think Trump is doing a great job. but brag that they don't follow the news and that what little they get is from limited, biased sources. Trump definitely has the Troglodyte vote. Some of us do follow, because we want to make sure we do everything we can to keep a catastrophe like this from happening in the future. Unless you're a cave dweller in a remote part of the Gobi desert, which from what you say may be possible, you and your bunnies aren't safe. What you don't know can hurt you!

MeAgain likes this.
  12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Yahoo is one of the worst sources for new lol

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Is this a serious question?
    Just off the top of my head, in recent times, defeated the Axis powers, rebuilt Europe and Japan, the TVA, the interstate highway system, Social Security, the military, landing men on the moon, ending polio, Medicare, ending child labor, consumer protection, OSHA, etc. etc.

unfocusedanakin and Okiefreak like this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The public school system

Sometimes I cringe in horror thinking about if the current crop of conservatives, the entirety of them since Reagan really, plus their propaganda arm Fox News, were around when the public school system was created. I dont think we would have public school.

But i feel the same about universal healthcare, our lack of a single payer system seems normal because we've never had it, but if you really stop to think about it...its pretty horrific how difficult Americans have unnecessarily made their lives due to right wing propaganda

MeAgain, Okiefreak and scratcho like this.
  15. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

wtf are you on about scratcho? I'm too stoned to make any sense of this.

WritersPanic and scratcho like this.
  16. lode

lode Banned

No. But Trump hasn't ended any bombings that Putin wasn't interested in. He started some new ones in Iraq, and payed for Saudi Arabia to be doing them in Yemen.

Pretending that your concern for human rights is behind your support for Trump is very disingenuous.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyways back to this

As far as alleviating current debt? I dont really claim to have the solutions there because I dont know what could be legally done. If it were up to me I would make the banks pay back their bail out and use that to bail out college grads drowning in debt, but unfortunately for everyone (jk) its not up to me

I think the most practical short term solution would be to put some sort of cap on the loan, after you pay back a certain amount the rest is forgiven. And I dont neccessarily mean wipe it clean before they pay back what they borrowed, I mean more as a measure to prevent anyone from paying back an unreasonable amount over the amount they initially borrowed. I dont think the government should be making huge profits from student loans
    To that effect I also think the interest rate on student loans should be dropped as low as 1%. Or even zero interest

I'm also in favor of what Tennessee is doing, using lottery money to fund tuition free 2 year college for all students. I'm actually in favor of tuition free 4 year college funded by a mix of lottery funds and taxes but this is America, cant dream too big too soon amiright. And lottery funds are a practical way to fund education without using taxpayer funds so everyone goes home happy

Okiefreak likes this.
  18. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I don’t have one bit of a problem with locking kids up to figure out what is going on then deport them. Don’t come here illegally. The parents are choosing to put them at risk. A cage is one of the better things that can happen to them making that journey.

Bombing other countries, in general I have always had an issue with regardless of who is president.

19. lode

lode Banned

And the ones who came here legally asking for asylum and were locked up?

So you should have a strong distaste forTrumps increase in bombings.

The U.S. Never Dropped As Many Bombs On Afghanistan As It Did In 2018 [Infographic]

MeAgain, Asmodean and Tyrsonswood like this.
  20. Asmodean

Lol

I understand the view on trying to get in illegally, and acknowledge it (like its not an inhumane opinion or something, as some may want to put it). But I disagree with this particular consequence and how you try to make it look less bad. It's not a worthwile action at all. If it actually would discourage a lot of illegal immigrants it might be worth it from that POV but i doubt it (and thus its unneccesary and useless to damage those kids like that. That they're not american kids doesn't matter shit.)