Why Do People Hate Hippies?!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by KyndVeggie4Peace, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

I dont think anyone hates hippies...people dont like what they dont understand.

move to california buster, everyone is accepted :D

2. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I dunno, I havent really been ridiculed. I live in PA, but I live right on the edge, in one of the most liberal areas, New Hope. People look at me sometimes, but usually I don't get dirty looks, it's usually just them observing, or a grin. That being said, sometimes I get ridiculed for my personal hygiene- I don't shower very often (usually once a week in the summer). I mean, I brush my teeth twice a day every day, but I guess its mainly the showering thing that gets people. Whatever. It's mostly my mom who nags me anyway, haha.
    The only time I was publicly put down for being a hippy was from my asshole boss. He always hated me for being liberal and a hippy, etc. etc. I finally quit/got fired when he told me that my hair looked like hell and that I had to put it up- I responded by saying "You can't talk to me like that!" which made him fire me, which made me say "FUCK YOU" and leave.
    But besides that, New Hope is an awesome town, and you'll probably see many other hippies walking around.
    Anywho, Im' out
    Cheers

3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

atrzy fartzy NoNope, bye duh sessy smelly delaware, iz kindah a neverchanging icon of wannah be tourist trap.

4. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

I take a lot of ridicule too. I get a ton of comments on my glasses, which I think are awsome (small little square frames and deep violet lenses :) ), but a lot of people look at them as a way to hide red eyes...which they do very well . I think people just look at us and think we are all burn outs who are going no where....so what. I don't dress like this to impress people I do it for me...don't let it bother you kindveggie do what makes you feel comfortable man.

Peace,

Al

5. AvengingFlower

AvengingFlower Member

After a LOT of soul-searching these last couple of years, I have sadly come to this conclusion: Hippies are hated because we failed to reach out and understand the REAL reasons so many people are opposed to the hippie/peacemovement. Non-hippies are always written off as stupid and ignorant. I'm not saying all hippies do this, but sadly, it has become the prevailing attitude of the left. And this prevailant attitude breeds hatred.

The only reason I still call myself a hippie is because I want peace more than anything, as I have my whole life. But I have also come to see that those I had percieved as ignorant obstructionists to peace couldn't have been more misunderstood.

6. TomboyDiva87

TomboyDiva87 Member

Most disparging remarks about hippiedom I hear come from my parents... although some random guy called me and my friends hippies at an anti-war march.

7. fairydustdreams65

fairydustdreams65 Member

People make fun of others just to stroke their itty bitty ego's , they try to point out what they think are flaws in other people just so they can feel better about who they are as a person ,but it only makes them look like a douch bag,theirs no need for it at all.

8. Holp

Holp Member

I get nothin but negative comments from people in my area. I'm the only person ive seen who has long hair and hippy like clothes in my area. I have though met one person from the hipforums here in Belfast but i think hes stopped coming here :( .

In this week alone I've had 3 complaints about my long hair.

Its kinda annoying of the tolerance of the people but it only makes my hippy convinction stronger.

9. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

What the heck is a hippie?

10. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG] Why? Because they’re a bunch of commie fag junkies that live on welfare using our tax dollars to support their drug habits! I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get bad gas mileage and wear those stupid beads and besides that they smell bad - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

Uh an my kid an duh pres. are morunz

12. prismatism

prismatism loves you

:D ohhh i just remembered, actually, some guy messaged me on myspace saying "shut up fucking hippie" once. i'm almost 100% sure i messaged him back telling him i love him. because that's just what i do.

13. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

That's awesome.
    :D