Why do people hate Bill Nye?

Discussion in 'People' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

No he did not majorly contribute to the quicke tube use in the Boeing planes, he was an intern at the time.. he helped work on it. Someone helping work on something in no way means anything.

he simply said when looking at it. Oh a sundial! That was it! Well we must give him credit. Regarding the planetary society, he is not president and was appointed to ceo because of his money and celebrity. In no way does he have anything to do with work the planetary society does.

2. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

In no way have denied science. I strongly question things which is what you have to do in science and everything today! Especially the propaganda bs. Please prove it to me!

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I have found no way to verify what you're saying about the hydraulic resonator, every source I find credits it to him.

Nye's father was interned in a Japanese prisoner of war camp during WWII. As watches and electricity were banned he learned to tell time by using a shovel handle as a sundial. He passed his knowledge of sundials onto his son.
    Nye noticed that the Pancam panoramic camera calibration device on the Mars mission could be used as a sundial to tell the time of day on Mars.

Moving on without addressing the Planetary Society.

Just why DO you hate Bill Nye so much?

4. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

The GOP hates anyone who believes climate change is real, and evolution is scientific certainty. The world is a better place thanks to bill nye

fraggle_rock likes this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Carl Sagan was more of an early influence for me than Nye. Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, originally shown on PBS, was excellent and was a breath of fresh air for a kid growing up in a rural midwest environment. (Or southern environment; I'm not sure what Kentucky is considered.) However I have nothing against Nye.

6. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

Same here. It must be a generation thing

7. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Yes, this is exactly the problem.

People who know nothing about things believe they are merely being 'skeptical' when they attack ideas they don't understand and people who know far more than they ever will.

This also prevents them from seeing that they are merely taking sides for political reasons.

8. lode

lode Banned

Because America has built itself into a two chamber echo house for profit.

In this way, everything can be turned into a controversy and farmed for eyeballs, even straight up facts.

The earth is warming, CO2 is a greenhouse gas, the warming coincides with the rise of industrialization, and we can identify the increasing CO2 as coming from man-made sources at an atomic scale. These are all empirical.

9. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Unfortunately, only one thing can be true, but liars can tell endless amounts of lies.