Why do men cheat?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by dominusdonta, May 17, 2014.

1. KingWilly

KingWilly Member

I suppose that could be, but I'm not going to lose any sleep about it :)

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is also why cheating is wrong. Indicating that the lying and deception involves in cheating is a precise "craft" sounds psychopathic. It indicates you have no conscience and actually enjoy being deceptive, which also explains why you blame society instead of yourself.

If you don't have the balls to be yourself then either you don't have any balls at all or on some level you enjoy being a liar and a cheat.

My partner and I aren't married and it really isn't difficult to live a non traditional life. I come from a conservative family too, but whenever they question me about it I ignore it or make a joke and we move on. Its not hard. I also know plenty of men, and women too, who choose not to live in a committed, traditional relationship. They seem to get on with their lives just fine.

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

the fatter of my ex girlfriends cheated on me... my friends fat ex cheated on him

insecure people cheat it's true.

but then i lost interest so somewhere along the line I was at fault too ..

4. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

So can we all agree that the answer to this thread specifically regarding to "cheating".

Is due to a genetic predisposition to cheat + a lack of self-control/selfishness

---

Also since a few people mentioned cultural norms one is raised with determining what is "promiscuous or not" it begs the question.

Can one "cheat" in a society, that adopts and raises itself on the normal behavior of swapping partners and treating sex as a casual thing?

I don't think you can cheat in such a society, although all the societies I've looked at that use sex in this way, still tie sex to a power structure of rulers VS common folk.

5. angelica peaches

angelica peaches Member

We all have basic needs that need to be met. When a need is not met, and another person meets that need, then a door is open. All we can do is try to meet all our partners needs. Cheating does not happen overnight, but usually after things have been neglected for some time. We also must keep relationships exciting and not allow them to lose passion and desire.....

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Member

I am on my second marriage. I was with my first wife for 18 years and now my second wife for 8 years. I have never strayed. Ever. Not once. I am around strippers, drunk girls, Naked girls, super fine model types and groupies all the time. Never once have I ever considered cheating. I am committed to my partner. There is no sex worth loosing my home or going through a divorce. They suck. However, my ex-wife didn't mind cheating. Nor did my previous LTR of almost 3 years. I guess some of us men are purely monogamous and that's it. I just don't go after what I know I can not have. That is why I chose monogamy..

7. simplelife123

simplelife123 Guest

I cheated because I was bored, if you deny a guy sex all the time he's going to look for it somewhere else, we men need sex to survive and live a healthy lifestyle. have you met those guys who wear trackies with their shirts tucked in? they havent had sex in years and have given up on life. they're some of the guys who stayed in their lifeless marriage and didn't cheat, they came out second best after she left them.

8. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Women cheat more than you think. I had 2 wives cheat on me. When asked they said, ?You were too easy."