why do I keep dreaming about snow in the summer?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Carlfloydfan, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

The dreams are rather simple, but I am always going outside and saying "wow, snow in May." or "snow at this time of the year" or something to that effect.

"People will think I live in an interesting place" is what I say as if it I am extension of Maine. So yah, I see some snow during a time of the year where there is obviously never snow, but I think other than that, it is evident that it is spring or summer in the dream. Sunny, maybe even the temperature you would expect (not sure, as you can't really feel in the typical dream), trees in bloom. But these dreams have been only as of late, but frequent. Kind of like those dreams I use to have that were frequent about me hiking through the woods and just feeling 100% self actualized because of the nature around me.

I don't get it. Lots of frequent dreams about nature too.

2. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Heya Carlfloydfan, let me throw in a comment.

I thought this is because you're a magician, aren't you ? ;)

Snow is the magic of this world, and the purity and wonder of creation un-banned that you are part of.

It is about places to turn to in the middle of winter where all seasons are in dream, and in a deeper balance. Who knows what is to come ? But you are here, in the center of your own changes, and in the heart of all things alive.

Simple ...

Loved to read your dream, thank you for sharing.

3. Carlfloydfan

okay thanks for your input :)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i started kindergartin in a place where that very year it snowed on the 15th of july. this was in california too. but very definately not the parts of it most people think of who arn't from here. i also started going for long walks by myself along about that time. yes it was a small town out in the woods. a much smaller town then it is now.

so anyway, if you see some old guy sitting on a rock out there meditating, it might even be me.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. Carlfloydfan

I'll keep you updated :)

6. Professor Propaganda

Professor Propaganda Member

Personally, I think snow to be a different omen. If thinking thematically, water is representative of the flow of emotion, and as snow is just water, but frozen, you probably have to look on those terms as well. The snow could be an expression of your inhibitions, the repressed/unexpressed emotions and frigidity, although snow falling is a fairly spiritually good omen.The fact that all this is happening in juxtaposition of the summer, maybe it has something to do with your attitude and feelings of the summer season, or whatever it might symbolize.

7. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Snow probably denotes contentment.

http://www.experiencefestival.com/snow

8. Carlfloydfan

yah I saw that too.

Thanks.

Dreams are so crazy!!