Why do ghosts have clothes?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by BlueLightRain, Jul 23, 2013.

1. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Do ghosts exist? Possibly. Have I had some eerie/creepy experiences? Yes, but I try not to extrapolate too much.

The most plausible hypothesis that I have heard about the existence of ghosts goes something like this: they are a remanent electromagnetic frequency that is somehow able to interact with the matter of our physical world. The idea is that there is an aspect of our being that would remain as projection of our consciousness; thus, our clothes would be manifested as well (if that was what we desired).

Inter-dimensional existence would be an answer that could be inferred by the way of cognitive dissonance.

2. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Deep Thoughts

3. odonII

odonII O

There probably are some naked ones that have been 'floating' around for hundreds of thousands of years. Poor buggers.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

The ghosts I've seen have all been more shadowy figures, where you can't make out anything but their silhouette.

5. Lodog

Lodog ¿

The prospect of scaring and playing tricks on people after I die is more appealing than heaven.

6. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Shadow people are a different matter altogether. =P

Sleep deprivation alone will cause them to appear. =)

7. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Fixed, Loki. =)

8. odonII

odonII O

I read this once and it did not make sense. I read this again and it did make sense. I read this for a third time and it did not make sense. I fear reading it for a fourth time.

9. justforfun371

justforfun371 Guest

Maybe they are shy

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I only see now that plausible and possible rhymes, but it all still makes sense to me. It could certainly be formulated better though (perhaps even by myself) :D

11. odonII

odonII O

Perhaps change the words 'plausible' possible' and 'can' ...

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Did it make sense the fourth time?

13. odonII

odonII O

It seems possible it is unlikely that they can control what their astral appearance looks like.

14. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Um... I think all my clothes died long before I bought them (made from plants, etc).

Question: Has anyone ever seen a ghost of someome that was missing an arm before they died. And was the arm still gone in their ghost form?

If they were able to catch up with their arms ghost, maybe they can also find the ghost(s) of whatever their favorite clothes were made of and reunite.

If not, then they have to get a sheet to wear, or just stay blurry, ect.

Just a thought, lol.

15. windy

windy Member

I saw the ghost of a man I once knew who shot himself in the head, but as a ghost he was still intact.

16. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I read several ideas today from people around the web.

One of the ideas I read was that they can choose for you to see them how they want you to see them. Intact/younger, etc.

Or they can even show the damage that happened to them (that caused their death) like a shot to the head (to someone they want revenge on).

Here's part of an interesting quote I read today:

~Troy Taylor (American Ghost Society)

^I did this just now (the bolded part in the quote), and saw myself at work earlier today with the clothes I had on there, what color they were, and even my tools and stuff that I had on me, down to the sun-visor on my hard hat.

Was this an imprint on my mind that I could project to you after I'd moved on to the next plane as a way for you to remember me, or how I might want to be seen by anyone that saw me?

I've heard of soldier ghosts showing themselves in uniform, with helmet and rifle, etc.

Hmm..

17. windy

windy Member

Best answer yet Justin Hale! All of that totally makes sense!

18. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

I gave an almost identical response earlier--that wasn't quite as in depth with regard to projection.

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is a most fascinating question. Ghosts--if they exist--seem to be an imprint more than an actual spirit. That is just how they imprinted themselves when they were living.

20. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

because they didn't die naked!!