Why didnt i trip?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Blubomber, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

Ok so heres the specifics

We ordered 3 6'' cuts of peruvian torch from Bouncingbearbotanicals.com (http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/peruvian-torch-cactus-p-134.html)

For preperation we despined all 3 pieces seperatly with a pair of meat scissors and cut it in half verticly. We then deskinned it and shaved down to the skin and took all the material including the core onto a plate. We took the material and put it into a blender with roughly equal parts cranberry juice. Blended well and drank.

I drank 2 cuts worth, my friend drank 1. the 2 i drank were the top part of the cactus while the one he drank was a middle cut and was thicker then mine. That was at noon this afternoon. Its now 4:30 pm and niether of us has felt a thing. not even the tinyest bit of nausea or any kinda of effects.

Any idea on why this might be? was it bunk torch? or did we do somethign wrong?

2. FreekoutMcGee

FreekoutMcGee Member

might be bunk....cant see why youndnt be tripping.......drink lots more, in fact drink it all!!!!!!!!!

3. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

there isnt anything left but spines at this point. and some skin. Its been about 5 and a half hours now

4. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

Lots of P. torch is like that, I don't know what it is...some specimens are low to no alkaloids. Perhaps it is too young or didn't get the proper nutrients, or strain variation (genetic). Then again that isn't a huge amount of cati, you might have gotten like 150 mg. of mesc...or some subthreshold amount. Mesc. by itself is a fairly subtle thing until dosages get rather high.

5. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

i think i was mistaken on the amounts i should be consuming. I had read that a 12'' cut was a fair dosage. we have more coming in soon, i guess ill go for 18'' this time.

the only thing is its not like i got a small high. It was more that i got absolutely nothing whatsoever, as if i hadnt eaten it at all.

6. short-man420

short-man420 Member

did you fast before you ate it, i've heard that has a huge part in how fast the trip comes up or how hard you trip

7. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

i was on a completely empty stomach.

I dunno, i think im gonna buy some powder next time and do it that way. IF anyone knows of a source online that theyve gotten good results from pls let me know.

8. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

If a yard doesn't do it then your cactus is no good. I'd search for some good fat san pedros. Your prep method seems sound. I always had most potent results from fresh preparations. I'd cut them into star shaped chuncks and run them through a juicer or a blender add some lemon or lime juice and then filter through a coriander and cheesecloth.

9. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

If a 18" to a yard doesn't do it then your cactus is no good (yet). I'd search for some good fat san pedros. Your prep method seems sound. Most potent results from fresh preparations were experienced. They were cut into star shaped chunks and ran through a blender with some lemon juice and then filtered through a coriander and cheesecloth.

10. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Get the powder instead of using raw cactus. Than put the powder into capsules.

11. FreekoutMcGee

FreekoutMcGee Member

oh man the powder tastes like death itself. oh the horror of that taste.

12. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

LOL - That's why you gotta put it into capsules :) For my first couple of trips I mixed the powder with

1. Spaghetti Sauce
    2. Peanut Butter
    3. Salsa
    4. Chocolate Sauce

Trust me - no matter how much you try to cover up the taste, nothing does it better than capsules :)

13. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

my biggest concern with the capsules is getting sick from all that shit in my stomach.

but im willing to give it a shot. How many mgs would i want to get a fairly intensive trip (takes 1/4 ounce of mushrooms to get a decent high for me)?

Ive heard 50 should do it, but i want to get a powerful one.

Also, anyone have a site theyve ordered it from that they got good results from?

14. FreekoutMcGee

FreekoutMcGee Member

yeah the first time i did it we had to parachute it down with paper. no capsules for us that night. but check this out if you want no taste!!!!

http://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=37340

15. Blubomber

Blubomber Member

ok now just to find a reputable source for some dried or powdered torch.

any suggestions?

16. strawpurchase

strawpurchase Member

i know someone that has had the same problem. he thought the cacti was fake, and was really dissapointed. i remember however, he ate an 8th of really good shrooms for his first time and they did nothing. ive tripped on hawaiian mushrooms, philosopher stones, tons of cubensis, chocolates, caramels, and acid and the 8th i ate from the same batch fucked me up. they were good, and they did nothing to him. when he tried peruvian torch i wasnt suprised at the fact it did nothing, ive read that there is a cross tolerance between tryptamines, psilocybin, and mescaline. so this might not be the answer, but a factor for sure.

17. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

Maybe I'm wrong here... aren't you supposed to boil it really slowly for a while after you blend it to increase potency? I know that's what you do with San Pedro, why would P. Torch be any different?

18. snowman2012

snowman2012 Member

yeh when I did P. Torch we boiled it. It wasn't a spectacular high by any means, but it was nice. Just felt very floaty, only visuals were when we took glow sticks to the park, cool trails.

I was kinda disappointed as I expected a serious psychedelic journey,