Why did the Womens half pipe suck so bad?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not just in this Olympics, but the last Olympics as well

Watched the hockey game today, was fierce, if you were watching it from the cheap seats you wouldnt know it was women playing it unless someone told you

The ladies killing it in the downhill, fearless

Even in the figure skating, a triple axle, which would be friggin hard if you are only 60 kgs, and that 15 yr old russian girl getting a world recored, also fearless

But there seemed no bigger gap between the men and the women than in the snowboarding, the ladies were playing on the kiddies half pipe in the first place, only 5 out of 25 stuck all their jumps in one run, and there only seemed to be only 3 of them that deserved to be there

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably for the same reason you don't see women doing freestyle motorX, or the wood pushing skateboarders. I don't think women reaction times are as good as guys, which shows in almost all sport. I guess skiing a little different, women lighter and sleeker. But yeah, I don't think we are that fantastic at fast moving reaction times compared to guys.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont think its as much about that as everyone wants to think.

A bit more about snowboarding still seen as a sport for stoner Bill and Ted type dudes, doesnt hold as much cred for the ladies.

The downhill skiers going faster and more "ballsier", cant just be about reaction times if the ice skaters or gymnasts in the summer olympics do what they do

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

welcome to the fruits of the participation award generation

Elizabeth Swaney becomes overnight hero by being a completely average skier

"Qualification for the Olympics involves achieving a certain number of top-30 World Cup finishes, and Swaney ensured she achieved 13 of them by simply turning up and competing at events where there were fewer than 30 athletes competing."

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe women, aren't that stupid and think, fuck that. That looks like a dumb idea. Let's not do that. :p I mean I doubt it was a woman who invented the helmet, we weren't out there cracking our skulls for enjoyment for that to have been created. Lol

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Okay, Seinfeld...

Irminsul likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah, his was quite a bit different. Similar, but different. :p

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, maybe im a douche, but I was watching that hockey game thinking, hmmm how many of them ladies are rug munchers.

Seems to be a lot of strides in wesbian friendly team sports over the last decade either that or straight girls still more attracted to sports with prestige like figure skating.

Snowboarding is neither

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always thought probably 75% of females in women's teams were probably lesbians anyway. Lol

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They are way behind because the powers that be (men, I suppose), thought that they were too dainty to do sports seriously. I'm not shitten ya'. When girls "played" basketball in the 50s in school---there were 6 players on either end of the court. 3 were defense--3 were offense . And they could only dribble the ball--twice--before having to give it up and the players on each end could NOT cross the center line! Weird. So, women have been playing catch-up in several sports. Title 9 helped women/girls immensely. Still, they are women/girls so should never be expected to play like men. But they are getting really good.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Last weekend I watch a women rugby game and there was this huuuuge woman I mean fucking massive right. She only lasted 2mins before getting tired but like fuck you don't even see dudes that bug. I'm thinking 130kg easy for her it was Ike watching 10 year old play rugby just give it to the fattest kid and say run. That's what it was like. It was hilarious. :tearsofjoy: