Why did incels and racists ruin my video games?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

None of these games are actually racist. Soldiers fighting is not racist. So what's the big deal about realistic insignia in the game? If you're playing a historically accurate game of tank warfare, why wouldn't you want the most accurate visualisation?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I will just stick to Madden. That way no Nazis hurt my delicate feelings. Just the light racial slur of a team name. But with my therapy pet I will make it.

[​IMG]

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

And there won't be any swastikas on my shoes!

In regards to the OP, I see your point, though.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ohh I wouldn't play Madden if I were you. They banned black players from kneeling during the NFL national anthems. Surely that's an outrage for you?

Or does that tie in with your theory that taking away freedom of rights and speech being a positive thing? So in this case, it's perfectly acceptable for black NFL players to be forced to stand for the anthem?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    6-eyed shaman likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The Ban on kneeling is white owners exerting control over the people they perceive as their slaves [​IMG]

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Exactly, and since OP is against free right and speech, it is in fact, in this case, acceptable to force the black players to stand and not hold their own individual freedom of rights and speech according to his own logic we should not have the right to protest because we aren't allowed to have free speech or rights. Hence why supporting the NFL in a gaming sense is perfectly fine.

hotwater likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I would have thought that by boycotting officially lisenced NFL brands you would be setting a better example for diversity than partaking in these barbaric, racist video games.

So we've now established we can be selectively racist in games, but more so in history games where battle flags and uniform insignia are illustrated to represent authenticity which is apparently racist, whereas current racial events and values have little to no consequence in our game playing activity in modern day, only stuff that is portrayed from 70 years ago.

Genius.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll tell you one thing that gets to me. :p

That's when the soldiers Germany get referenced as the "Nazis" when it comes to the battlefield. It's a misleading concept. If you haven't already read about the political views of current American soldiers, it is worth looking into. A quick thought might suggest that, well they all must be Trump supporters, racist right wing. Why would you go to current wars fighting for him. This is an ill thought. The reality is, it's quite the opposite and many soldiers are not happy with the current situation in America.

Those soldiers still fight though, they get work, they do the job, so to me it has always been a gripe having to hear the German armed forces referred to as the "evil Nazis". Political figures, sure, it's free game and you have every right to have your say, but not every soldier fought for the cause, much like the soldiers of America today. They were called the Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS. Now, granted some sub divisions of the SS were into the naughty stuff, but not all of them and as I've well established by now in previous threads, the racial superiority of the SS is a myth as many countries partook in this division including Muslims and Arabs.

Phoooow.

Conclusion: War sims are pretty realistic these days, stuff like sqaud, Post Scriptum etc and to a much way lesser extent, the CoD and Battlefield series and people need to get their heads around what the "game" is actually about rather than developing political agendas over authentic uniforms, flags and insignia. When the game is over and the "Nazis" win the battle, the world doesn't end or anything. It's not actually real, you're only battling over a flag on a map, or a city... and that's exactly what what they were fighting over in real life too. They're soldiers.

bugsboner likes this.
  9. Games are just dumb these days. It's all killing people and guns and shit. And driving cool cars and looking "cool." But the characters look like total fucking dorks. I should have bought a Nintendo so I could play Zelda, but I'm not buying a stupid Switch. I want a real Nintendo. So instead I get my choice of these lame games where you're just killing people like a great big dummy. I won't even play these games. I thought Final Fantasy would be like a fantasy game, but the characters are dorks with "cool hair." Jeepers creepers. I don't want to play these dumb games where you kill people.

10. unfocusedanakin

I support the movement to regulate the police. So of course I support kneeling during the anthem. It's an excellent statement on the blind patriotism of America.

Like it's no big deal that men are shot it is a big deal they don't worship the flag.

11. unfocusedanakin

There was a Call of Duty a few years ago where you shot unarmed people in a airport. It was a "terrorist" attack and it made people uncomfortable. Even they were still white and not Muslim though. I don't think even the most adventurous game designers would have an ISIS level in today's political climate.

I 100% agree on the female issue. It's hard for them to enjoy the hobby. These young men would not say those things to their mom or sister. :rage:

bugsboner likes this.
  12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don’t play video games, but I know what you mean; they are becoming just as sensitive as their much-hated feminists and lib-tard snowflakes.

From video games to razor commercials, everything is part of a societal conspiracy to emasculate them.

You know what isn’t masculine? Whining like a lil pussy about everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is what I don't get. Why is @unfocusedanakin a "pussy" if he disagrees with something because it is a blatant dog whistle to racists?

The terms libtard and snowflake being thrown around puts me on the defensive... don't know about everybody else. :(

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I just have to laugh at all this PC and sensitivity talk in a Wolfenstein thread. The only thing that can be considered PC about this series is that the nazis are the baddies as usual. It's delightfully crude in almost every way. Except the graphics, those are slick AF :-D

If we look at the most popular games in last years there also seems little to complain about sensitivity or PC taking over. Sure, in a game like RDR2 the KKK gets only and deliberately portrayed in a humorous way as a bunch of dumbfucks, and yes, there's more attention for female representation overall in historic games even if it doesn't accurately fit the historic time period. But no, neither the incels and racists or the overly pc libtard has much to complain imo. If other people think they do, I would like some examples. As usual things seem exegerated and charged

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am not calling him a pussy. I am agreeing with him. But doing so in a lighthearted, humorous way. Apologies if this did not come across as such.

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. Asmodean

The word libtard has its merit. But it seems its often ment on liberals in general, which is less useful.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah it does. It automatically lets me know i'm dealing with a dumb person incapable of having a reasonable discussion lol

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Often but not always. I use it as well and we all know I'm the epitome of reason :grinning::sunglasses:

19. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Reading through these posts I can only say glad I never got into video games . I consider them a monumental waste of time much like staring at the boob tube all day.:smile:

20. I lol'd