Why be a Vegetarian??

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by nelapse, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

Yeah, under User Control Panel on the first menu on that purple bar at the top of the page. You should check 'em every so often because only the last five seem to be visible and some of the comments are either entertaining or part of the thread they were left in.

2. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

oh ya! i'd like to see all these meat eaters and fur wearers kill will their hands, not a gun, these animals. (well, id hate to see it, but i'd love to see them get the shit kicked out of them by the cow they're trying to kill). we are no less "hunters" than these fools are
    i am vegetarian because i love animals and dont want to hurt any of them. i think if i had to eat meat to live i would choose to be unhealthy or die. or at least id get organic, free ranged. and it's good for the environment.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

You say that because humans are more advanced they shouldn't be able to kill. If you are smart enough to make or even use the tools to do it doesn't that give you the right to.

4. redie*

redie* Member

i'm not a vegan, but i eat loads of veggies. luv em
    and i eat meat also, they are kicking ass (only if it cooked right, and you eat it right)

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

You don't know to much about early humans do you?

6. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

im phasing meat outta my diet BECAUSE of those pictures... those are just sickening, nasty digusting!!!!.. and also beacuse it doesnt seem like my body can really digest red meat that well, is that odd? chicken is fine, but red meat just upsets my stomach so bad.... blahhhhhh... eventually im gunna get chicken outta my diet too, and im PROUD of it!

7. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

I'm sick of always feeling like I have to explain and defend what I choose or choose not to put in my body. eating at restaurants is hard, eating with my family is hard...its ridiculous really.

8. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

The plains Indians lived for hundreds of years almost soley off of buffalo meat. I'd say thats pretty big game. People have been eating grains for centuries, since like Jesus time and before. Quinoa is a complete protein. I think a persons ideal diet is very personal...people just have to listen to their bodies.

9. OhMyJiMi84

OhMyJiMi84 Member

Obesity has infected about 60% of the U.S. population; it's a disease. Besides, I don't see many overweight vegetarians/ vegans, do you?

10. Neonate

Neonate Member

heh :) after I quit eating meat I lost 19kg :D I was obese at the time but then after few months of just vegetables I went from 94kg to 75kg and my weight does not go up now even if I eat all sorts of veggiefood and I eat a lot but I dont gain weight anymore :) So i'd say that one of the best ways to lose weight is to get rid of meat from your diet (I do eat eggs and cheese sometimes and drink milk so im not a vegan)

http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=Theanine&image_id=7049660 (the first pic is when I was still eating meat and the second pic is few months after I stopped eating meat)

11. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

Have to be honest and say I know enough vegies who are overweight to blow that one out the water..however you look great and like you have been doing something right!!
    I am sure that fried foods and alcohol have loads more to do with my friends weight than animal fats!! I am sadly and rapidly having it proven true that exercise is the answer...what a bummer hey!! someone give me that magic carrot!!!
    congrats on such a success and looking so good from just munching good food!!!
    :)

12. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i'm a vegetarian cuz my parents don't want me to be. lol. is that a good reason?

13. Omni Vore

Omni Vore Member

That's probably the best reason I've ever heard:)

14. Omni Vore

Omni Vore Member

I bet you could if you hadn't eaten for a week.

It's one thing to have ideals when we have a belly full of warm food, but if we had to survive in the middle of nowhere, killing animals would quickly become easy, natural and guilt free

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

that's absolutley fucking disgusting. I've been a vegetarian pretty much my whole life but have tried chicken and turkey in small amounts in the past 6 months because my doctor tells me i should ty to eat meat. This is sick and I don't understand how anyone could eat meat after seeing these photos. Even if you do eat meat you should stick to organic free-range so at least the animals get some sort of life before their pointless slaughter.

16. hella good

hella good Member

what the meat eaters dont get is the fact that we look past the 'good taste' and 'hunger' because we dont belive that eating animals is right. its like having a corpse lying on your plate. it has disturbed me seriously in the past, when in foreign countries you order a meal that is vegetarian, they bring your partners meal (which is an animal) with head or wing still attatched. its mortifying.

17. bsabbath

bsabbath Member

i feel bad for eating meat but it's too much of a bitch to start being a vegeterian maybe one day down the road i will, but burgers are what are keeping me from beign a vegiterian

18. co-pilot

co-pilot Member

I agree with alot of what you said. But:
    There is moosehunting every year. Unless we had that there would be to many and all of them would die. Then isn't the hunting balance, the circle of life...? But the meat you buy at the supermarket I'm not so sure about. I eat less of it than I did before, and I'm considering to stop entireliy. But isn't it right to eat the meat thats been hunted?

19. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

I want that guy who was killing and sewing up pigeons in Boston to eat those pigeons.

Just a thought...

20. rottencrusty

rottencrusty Member

i've been a vegetarian for about 2 months now. i have no problems or urges to eat meat. I hate all these bigoted people who can't respect other people's views. ugh. oh well.