Why are YOU taking opiates?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by gendorf, Oct 6, 2013.

1. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I don't take any but I have always wondered.. What made you start taking them regularly?
    Chronic pain? Mental Illness? Or you take it just because you can?

Please share!

2. ZenStateOfMind

ZenStateOfMind Member

First started taking them cause i wanted to know what all the "buzz" was about them. They make you feel AMAZING at first but down the road they end up just being all you want to do.

3. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

yeah for me, when i started taking opiates, they got rid of ALL my anxiety and even helped me be less sad, this was when I was about 15 or a bit younger, started with oxycodone 5s and 10s and have done basically every opiate, in large amounts, over last few years. They are a massive achilles heal for me, which takes a lot for me to admit, i still like them but now RECOGNIZE how destructive they are in my life.

i take them to feel better about myself mentally a lot, but of course, i love the all encompassing high especially from a fat shot of H. or liquid dilaudid/morphine.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, I'm on subs now... but when I would do other things- well, wait... started doing them just because I've tried pretty much everything, so, why not? Continued though to use them because, for me- not only did they automatically make life and everything seem just "right".... 100% right, but because of the energy, creativity and focus I would get- I don't mean a speedy energy.... I mean a really nice, relaxing energy....but an energy none-the-less... so while I was feeling relaxed and def. not anxious, I would have the energy to keep going all day and night long doing stuff and getting stuff done and actually enjoying the boring and mundane tasks that need to get done. I accomplished a lot on opiates. And I wouldn't have cravings for anything else or be angry or have any other issues. The suboxone just keeps me (obviously not sick) but just balanced too.

5. hahaha04

yep. isnt it so twisted that they make everything seem so perfect and work SO well for a while too at times, and then all goes to shit. always. i dont know anyone who has done opiates a regular bit, and never had cravings, or got some urgent call trying to get one more. others are worse than some. but still hits everyone.

THE United States has a HUGE number of heroin addicts and the number has for sure raised in the last few years since the oxycontin formula has changed and pill prices skyrocketed. the pharm companies know what they doing to, and releasing 'generics' under dif pharm company names.

i wish i could go on suboxone, doc doesnt want to, but it would help me a lot.

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Be glad your doctor is clever...
    You will take opiates till the day you die and you will get to the good the bad and the ugly stuff
    anyways.. you are unable to live without it. why rush it?
    you wanna sleep your life away like a junkie? w

I know you like to travel... why not hit the road instead of hitting the needle?
    I know I am not in teh position to tell you guys what to do since Im on coke but opiates are nearly the final step.. only the benzos are worse...maybe methadone.. when I was 17 i was hanging out with a heroin prostitute once.. she was off the H but shooting metadone.. i wonder If she is still alive.. A beautiful person.. my firend wanted to get me free blowjobs from her but our dick was limp from mephedrone...
    lol what am I saying here...
    maybe Ill hit up the benzo thread to and tell them how much they suck.. (I love xanax) but that shit is deadly addiction embodied.. pure evil madness that goes down deep into your soul. A substance that kills an acid trip is a substance that should be avoided. Love lucy! i love her! You better kiss her fast instead of these opiate shit. start excersizing and make your own morphine inside your own body! feels amazing! endorphins are the bomb..

Peace and Love!!
    I do not mean to offend anyone.. goddamn coke!!

7. hahaha04

Oh i know brother. I do love traveling, and if i put all the money i spent on opiates over the last three years, id have $1000s to play with. You live and learn. From being a multiple IV user a day to now where I have IV'ed a roxi 30 and some coke, nd nothing else in last 4 1/2 months or so, I think im doing well. Thanks for your input though.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea....every time shit starts to get where....well, I can't sustain it..tolerance goes way up, money dries out and other problems start to add up... I just go to this sub doc.
    It works for me.

I have also been off of subs AND off of all opiates for over a year in the past few years too.

To the next poster... suboxone isn't for everyone and it can be a trap. But when I was on it the first time... I had gotten myself down to 1 mg a day for many months and then when I stopped taking it I had pretty much no sickness (I sneezed for like two months straight but it didn't quite add up to anything else) and really not many cravings at all. In any case, a lot of people have complaints about bup, and it isn't perfect. The thing about it is... it IS a miracle drug- because some people, including me and my spouse, cannot come off of multiple buns a day cold turkey.... for any amount of time that actually adds up-w.out subs. So, in that..it's a miracle drug. But some ppl stay on boxys or done for years (and years...and years...and years...), because, well, they expected they were gonna escape sickness. If you use opiates daily you are going to be sick. Eventually. So, I use suboxone as a tool. It works for me when I need it and the w/d's off of it are MUCH less than other opiates/opiodes if you come off of it properly (which many ppl don't do).... I applaud anyone who doesn't need it to come off of strong opiates OR to keep away the intense cravings for many months afterwards... but for all the ppl it does help, and lives it does save, I have to give it props. What works for one doesn't necc. work for another. :)

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I am not offended by the post you are replying to PER SAY... not like personally offended esp. because I can tell that poster meant well and there is truth in that. :)
    But there were also a lot of stereotypes. I already exercise daily, regardless of whether I am currently using opiates or not for one.
    And not everyone is the same on everything. I have never stolen from anyone, slept with anyone for money, robbed anyone, etc., etc. and I did multiple bundles daily for much of my life. I just...when I reach the point I can't afford it...I've always stopped. And I have stopped cold turkey, I just can't maintain that way, that is when subs have helped me. It takes away the tiredness you get when you're sick.... like going on day 8 and it should be over but you're damn TIRED.

In any case, I'm not offended, but I think any educated (and even not so much) opiate user or ex-user knows opiates can be bad, dangerous....deadly, etc.

I think we probably know all the bad about it more than anyone else actually. I guarantee that. :)

10. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Speaking of Xanax addiction, I knew a guy real well named Mike G. I won't post his last name. But he can be found on the IL DOC inmate locator. He was hooked bad on Xannies, man. Bad. When he couldn't get them he was impossible to be around. He had a bad temper anyway, but when his Xannies were running out he could really get nasty, and he was a strong, wiry dude. He had already done 14 years in MO for beating up a cop. Anyway, on Christmas day 2011 he beat his mother to death, apparently because she wouldn't give him money. He just flipped out. She was 84 years old. Her daughter found her in her apartment when she didn't show up for church. She was unrecognizable. That's how bad Xanax addiction can get. By the way, he was never prescribed them. He just bought them wherever he could get them, and he just ate them like candy. Whatever was wrong with him apparently went undiagnosed. But Xannies were apparently not the answer. From being around him, I'd say he needed something for bipolar disorder.

11. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Amen. :2thumbsup:

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I'm not taking them at the moment, but they're cheap to grow, grow in colder climates than cannabis and have a relaxing and euphoric high (my favourite kind of high!) :)

13. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Bro, is your Dr certified to prescribe Suboxone? Maybe I missed something but for a Dr. to say he doesn't want you to get on Sub's, is nothing more than a Dr. that wants to continue to either get his profits off the opiates he prescribes or he sure as shit doesn't care about you! Since I didn't see where you explained this Dr. might be a Psychiatrist, who would know if there would be some issues with getting off opiates and onto Sub's for you specifically. Can you not change Dr's?