Why are you such a pushover?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, May 10, 2004.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

Marcie asked me why i let people push me around and make the plans and such things. like it's a disease. i'll not participate in anything that makes me unhappy. and thus far i've always managed to get my way. i'm wondering what about her life she thinks is so wonderful and what about mine is so offensive to her. i think she's lacking in understanding of subtlety. i'm not going to fight every single battle that comes my way. if someone puts forth a plan and it sounds good to me, why am i supposed to automatically gumm up the works with some different plan of my own? i leave that sort of thing to the people who are good at it, it's efficient. why does she think that it's a person's job to control their partner? dave's perfectly capable of running his life, i'm not his babysitter or his boss. in fact, he's a natural leader. i'm not, therefore it's all fine with me. on those rare occaisions when i don't like the plans, i'll put in my two-cents worth.

but like i said, i always get my way. maybe i'm just sneaky.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

Hehe.....rock on girl! I'm like that too.... somehow in some subtle way w/ Dan I tend to get my own way.... it's actually quite hilarious.

3. mynameiskc

well, when dave heard her say that, he jst looks at her like she's lost her damned mind. i'm just really patient. i can wait my turn, no big deal.

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I truly am a pushover. I never make decisions and I'll go along with whatever will make everyone else happy whether it will make me happy or not.

5. mynameiskc

"well, if i ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) kudos... :)

7. mynameiskc

two "sneaky's" in one day. wow. and one of them is from me!

8. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Me too. I can't stand confrontation of any sort. I lost a lot of money that way cuz I'd rather let it go than make somebody give me the money they owe me......