Why are we ashamed for our bodies?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 25, 2005.

1. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Hell, yes, it's their problem. I applaud kayy for her own acceptance, but she needs to realize there are men (and women) who will love her for exactly what she is. We are all imperfect, that is what makes true beauty. Without our imperfections we would be sooooo boring.

I say "Play Nakkid!" and we would get over all these silly image hangups.

2. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was when i was younger, but as i grew older, i filled out to become a big man.

Being built like a gorilla comes in handy, and most women like it.

3. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

as i get older I'm getting more used to my body.

I still have the occasional freak out through - like the other day we went to the pool and i left my boardies at home and only had bikini pants with me. I so seriously considered heading straight for the exit, but ended up going in (and just about dying of mortification, but hey). That was a huge step for me.
    and i have larger boobs than most girls - that can be a right pain, especially when i'm trying to buy dresses or shirts.
    also, having really curly hair is not the easiest thing in the world to manage.

but mostly i'm learning to like my body. It's me, I might not be a model, but if all my bits are working properly then i can at least be thankful for that :)

4. pansy

pansy Member

5. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

I'm not embarrassed *of* my body, I'm embarrassed *for* my body, it has to have a dickhead like me calling the shots, not taking good care of it or exercising it
    JK btw, I'm 6' and about 195-200lb, flabby butt and belly are my only complaints

6. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

To Kayy- I'm sorry for all shit some guys have given you. We're not all like that -I love a woman who is natural with her so-called imperfections (don't they make us human + give us individuality?!). I also think hairy legs on a woman are cool- love the naturalness!

7. Sammy

Sammy Member

I know that I'm overweight, and I'm working to fix it, but also, I don't care. It's true what someone here said, it's very freeing to get naked. I'm naked a lot, and my body has been seen by a lot of people, including most of my friends, without causing anyone distress. If you worry a lot about your body, start to go naked when you're on your own, many people find they grow to like their body after that. Going naked in front of others is the ultimate liberation though. I love it.

Fallenfaerie - your problem doesn't seem to be with your body. It seems to be with your fiance. Psychologists say that our self image is overwhelmingly dictated by the 4 people closest to us. The way he responded to you was unreasonable, and in my view, unforgivable. It's also going to be incredibly difficult for you to feel better when you're stuck on your own. Is there no way you can get a cheap car?

8. blurredvisioninsight

blurredvisioninsight Member

UmmaGumma on shrooms in the woods is all I can say right now srry

9. SvenStrong

SvenStrong Member

Im definately not ashamed of my body, people are always telling me that i need to put on weight, that im too slim. But i say fuck that, I've tried to bulk up in the past and its near impossible to do so, even though my diet consists of fast food and snacks. I dont have a problem with how I look and if somebody else does than thats their problem not mine.

10. 6'2ish" 225ish

I'm mildly overweight, I can live with it, but I don't like walking around in front of people without a shirt on

11. Donna

Donna ***BABUSKA***

I love my body... and i'm proud of it :)

12. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Well, if my body was nice to look at, I would be proud of it, too.

But it isn't. So I'm not.

13. SativaDiva

SativaDiva Member

The media is the evil behind as to why most people are insecure. They feel they have to live up to the media's standards and if they don't, they're nothing.

14. SillyBird

SillyBird Greek Goddess

I'm not ashamed of my body, I'm just not always comfortable. I find it funny that I'm the "biggest" out of all my friends and they're the ones who run of to change in dark corners and in bathroom stalls, yet I'm the one who is ripping off my shirt the chance I get.

I really notice this is gym class and maybe I notice it also comes with age. The freshmen that share a locker room are taking turns in the stalls and turning their backs to eachother yet the juniors(my class) whip our shirts off the second we walk into the locker room and talk to eachother while we are naked and give compliments on everyones bras and panties as they put them on.

What it comes down to for me is that, so what I'm a size 12, and yeah I have a tummy, but it really doesn't matter how anyone sees me because I'm happy with myself, and if I wasn't that to me is what the gym is for.

I'm more uncomfortable with my face than body.

15. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've learned to bask in the sexyness
    of being a large mammal.

Considering some women like
    guys my size, some like skinny
    guys, SO if i were a skinny
    guy, i would be proud too.

But i am a big guy, and
    my wife loves fellas like me.

SO i am damn proud to be
    a big one.

16. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i got man boobs.. nothin to be proud of there... [​IMG] im just another fat fuck to the women of this world

17. Direct RF

Direct RF Member

i have no idea why.

18. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Jana, I'm not the least bit ashamed of your body!!! :)

19. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

WOW! verrry nice - reminiscent of Michaelanglo's The David. Did you intend that?

20. kittin

kittin Member

Ever since I can remember, I've had issues with the way I look. Even on the first day of kindergarten I asked my grandmother, "Will I be the prettiest girl in class?" I've been through a "chubby stage" from 7th-9th grade, where in 7th grade I was constantly made fun of for my weight and my acne. Later I lost weight and began wearing make-up and nice clothing... anyway to make a long story short, I'm forever in a "7th grade state of mind" no matter what, and that has gotten me in to many, many problems (letting guys take advantage of me because it boosted my self esteem in some sick sad way). I'm 21 now, and a little on the chubby side maybe, but I don't care so much. I have a great (and hot!) boyfriend who genuinely loves me, and my main priority is being healthy. Just because I'm not a size 3 like I was in 12th grade doesn't mean anything.