Why are we ashamed for our bodies?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I wish everyone were more liberal with their naughty bits.

Nothing I love more then the parade of short skirts in summer. Winter sucks, theres no reason for anyone to be ashamed of their bodies. [​IMG]

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i need to get my daughter a bit more socialized, so i'm going to be doing the mother's center co-op daycare. mom's have to pitch in and help with the kids in order to have their kids in there. and since i've already done the babysitting co-op, and know all the mothers, i'll be more comfortable with who's watching my precious girl. do you have a Mother's Center out there?

3. Kon-El

Kon-El Member

Because I'm a fat piece of lard.

4. i_love_sex

i_love_sex Member

I use to hate my body, now i kinda like it.

5. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

I'll be damned if I don't like it too!

[​IMG]

6. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

i am not too sure if we do.

7. societies_child

societies_child Member

Because society has taught us that a certain body type is considered attractive, and others arn't. Think of small children. I mean very small. Before they've been taught and formed into society. They dont care about body types. The fat kids, the skinny kids, the average kids, who cares? But unfourtunitly all that goes away around 4, sometimes even sooner. *shakes head sadly* People need to be more open minded and less society-oriented

8. mynameiskc

i'll see if i can find one for you. but there's usually some parenting group...

9. pansy

pansy Member

I think you're absolutely right!

peace,

pansy

10. pansy

pansy Member

not at all. but it doesn't do anybody any good for someone to hate themselves because they're not living up to somebody's standard of perfection either.

peace,

pansy

11. pansy

pansy Member

don't worry, baby. more for a woman to grab onto.

peace,

pansy

12. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

i used to be a lot buffer than i am now, so i was for a time being, but now i don't really care, i wish it were legal to walk around nude, that would make life much more enjoyable. i have a tendency of getting naked when i can

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

With a name like Moose, who can blame ya. [​IMG]

14. Gentle

Gentle Member

Thats a cool place to be dangermoose and I've went through every body type and came to the same conclusion as you.
    It's weird I used to work out 3 to 4 hours a day, jog and had a super ripped body that only made me more uncomfortable with it b/c I was always "improving" myself. I see now I wasn't at any time working out for me but for societies opinions. Man, it seems so pointless now other than staying somewhat healthy. True acceptance and confidence in yourself is so much more beautiful than any six pack, bicept or boob size. It sounds so corny and cheesy but people really do need to just see that they are already beautiful and it's all transitory, opinion, perception... Once you truely feel you are as beautiful as anyone else and that in reality "beauty" is nothing but opinion you become beautiful.
    peace
    Gentle

15. umbra

umbra Member

It takes a great Body to Know one.

its irrelevant what shape and size it comes in...i think everything in creation is beautiful. only people with demented social conditioning are ashamed and i bet they are suffering detachement from reality, we are born naked when we die we turn into ashes or worm food, or plant food or fish food , but while we are still living we should celebrate our Temples, at least i take mine to be that.
    liberated people know that nudity is purity.

16. outlaw immortal

outlaw immortal Member

couldn't agree with you more:sunglasse

EDIT: umbra, welcome to the forums:)

17. kayy

kayy Member

i will tell you exatly WHY!!!!!!!! there are some motherfucking prefectionists out there, who have THEIR view of beauty, "THE" perfect one, ac if there coyúld be only one kind of beauty, i have hairy legs and i can tell you THE SHIT that some bastard guys have said to me, or to their friends, is so so painful, i still have tears in my eyes when i think of it. I WILL NEVER be with a guy anymore, because i don't want to hear shit like that, i have accepted my body, i acually love it, enjoy go naked, but i will never do it with another person again because of how he have trated me, shamed in front of his friends

18. mynameiskc

well, now, he was a dick. good for you for leaving him. we've all known him, which is why the only ones usually saying that all bodies are beautiful are the ones who were never fat. they have no hangups about it. but as for the rest of us, who heard from BOTH MEN AND WOMEN about our myriad imperfections, it takes a little more work. and once you get to where you have an acceptance of your personal beauty, some idiot prick is all offended by your confidence and will seek to destroy it through criticism. hey man, that's on THEIR karma, right?

19. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Well all I know is I'm not good looking, 20lb too heavy, and I will be keeping my body to myself, thanks.

20. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I just don't like my boobies! I have nursed (and still nursing) so they are kind of saggy. And my baby has a favorite boobie so the other one gets over full so I end up walkng arouind with one B cup and one C cup! LOL Its really irriatating!