Why are we ashamed for our bodies?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 25, 2005.

1. DirtyVibe

DirtyVibe Member

yo mynameiskc, i just looked @ ur pics, and you'd look fine in a swim suit :) and thats coming from a 17 year old

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

thanks. but i'm afraid i'm guilty of selective photography.

3. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

I'm guilty of that.. VERY guilty of that..
    Hence why I have like nomore pics of me in my gallery.. <GULP!>

I loath my body.. I want to have a flat stomach..

4. pansy

pansy Member

5. mynameiskc

i don't mind so much for flat tummies, i kinda like the round ones. i just wanna kill the rolls. i swear, bedrest pregnancies are turning me into the michelin man! it's a horrible shift to tolerate.

6. DuskBreeze

DuskBreeze bye bye !

Surely most of us are guilty of that.

7. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

What the fuck is your problem?...fucking prick

8. mynameiskc

we all get off on a rant sometime. libertine had a couple bad days. being the antichrist is hardwork, eh, libertine?

(mind you, he didn't marry and ugly woman...) ;)

9. sockfaceworkerpoop

sockfaceworkerpoop Member

oh folks, we're all human. You GOTTA GET OVER YOURSELVES. Dont be subconcious of something so falsly flaunted in the media. you're giving in to what they want you to think! Cmon, its all so superficial. I thought the inside was what mattered? huh. okay well the sooner ya'll get over it, the sooner the whole world will and no where will give a fart what you look like
    love
    melanie

10. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

I dont mean to brag... but i think im pretty lucky body wise... its good to think that and all... but if i was horribly ugly i know that i would obsess over it.

11. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Sometimes being a tough critic of yourself is a good thing. Accepting one's appearance is a good thing but deserting it is another!

12. gruvenmama420

gruvenmama420 *sweet sugga mama*

i dunno, i'm very happy with my body. i dont work out or anything, i guess i just got lucky genetically..i used to dislike my body when i was younger but i like it now. i guess me being naked all the time helps, being naked with friends, at gathering, festivals, it makes you love your body more

13. makno

makno Senior Member

yea well your very pretty indeed ....do you know where your antipasados came from ?any fron spain ?

14. Green

Green Iconoclastic

nvm this

15. pansy

pansy Member

Yeah, but if you are too critical of yourself, it just makes things worse. Like in the case of a swimming suit. If you're scared to be seen in one because you're afraid people will criticize you, then you just get less activity. You sit at home instead of being out walking on the beach, getting fresh air and sunshine, swimming and getting exercise. Sometimes it's better just to say screw it! I may not be perfect, but I feel like going swimming and I'm gonna go!

16. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

Not a least bit. But i wouldnt wanna be caught by the cops. So i avoid being nude in public places.

17. mynameiskc

i will state here that when i got heavier (not quite fat) the QUALITY of men who would hit on my increased significantly. not just any old shallow slob would ask me out. just the ones with money and more maturity. that's not to say that men with money and maturity won't ask out slender women, that's just silly, but my heftier girth DID weed out the jerks. men just all around treated me better.

18. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I'm a tgirl; if you're ashamed of your body, lighten up! I still have to deal with how I see myself on different levels; taking away dress makes it less complicated. :p

19. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

my fiancee and i refuse to put our child in daycare or let anyone take care of him cuz i dont really trust anyone or any daycare center down here. I haven't found a job that i can work from home so that i can make some money and take care of my son. and my license has been suspended due to unpaid tickets that was unknown to me.
    sadly i have no friends in florida, all my family is in wisconsin, my father is down here with me but he is injured and doesn't have a vehicle. so really my fiancee is the only person i can rely on half the time if even that.

20. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

I am barely ashamed or unhappy with my body. I just don't give a fuck,man...being naked is a God given freedom,just like weed(the government may not let us smoke,but God never told us not to). Now we're here on earth,so why don't we excersise our freedom? Fuck the media and anyone who wants to condemn our bodies & our freedom. Just let all your hang ups go and have FUN!!