Why are we ashamed for our bodies?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 25, 2005.

1. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm happy with the skin i'm in..... whats perfect anyway?

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Good for you, pabsy!

3. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

why thankyou libertine... great to hear from the guru!

4. Libertine

Well, I do respect being real.

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

you do realize that calling people pathetic and then ordering them to love themselves is a little counterproductive, right?

6. benj

benj Member

If you don't like the way your body looks, have you tried to do anything to change it? I know it's hard once you get out of shape due to being pregnant or some illness or whatever to get your body back to where it was before, but it can be done. I've been there before, not pregnant of course, but really out of condition due to recovering from some surgery or injury. Diet, exercise, and determination can really work wonders over time. The first step I think you need to do though is to get rid of that guy that makes you feel so bad about yourself. Nobody needs something like that in their life.

7. sweetval

sweetval Member

I'm not uncomfortable with my body.

I guess part of it is because the kids in town skinny dip a lot and other then the initial reluctance, once I joined in nudity became no big deal for me. The fact that lots of other girls were skinny dipping also helped dispell initial reluctance. I remember it took about three times of "almost" before I finally took my panties off.

Now it's second nature although the idea of posing nude for a photographer for some reason has me apprehensive.

8. Libertine

Ok. How's this: "You people need to stop acting so pathetic. Love Yourself for who you are."

9. Lainey

Lainey Member

i personally love my body, but i dont think everybody else would! swimsuits and shorts in public deffinatly arent my thing

10. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

I do pilates at least 3 times a week, go for a walk whenever its not raining( hurricane season in florida) it's hard to get out of the house and join a gym cuz i am the only one who takes car of my son and my fiancee is gone at weird hours of the day ( he could be gone all day and all night in meetings and promoting his companies, or someone would call him and he would have to go into a meeting right then and there) and i rely on my fiancee to get to and from where i need to go cuz i dont have a license or a car.

11. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

And he is still your fiancee? :eek: Wow, that's fucked.. What an ass. :eek:

12. Jes

Jes Member

After hiding our bodies for so many years under clothing, we develop the idea that the ideal bodies are the once that we see the most, the ones on tv and magazines…the once that have no scars or marks and those ones that r “perfect”. I personally am not ashamed of my body and know that evry human is a different beautiful work of art…I think that today’s society would be a lot healthier if everyone walked around naked.;)

13. adameistervousier

adameistervousier Member

cause were fat an ugly

14. DuskBreeze

DuskBreeze bye bye !

Is there anything wrong in looking after your body? I actually think its important. After all if I was to let myself go and become an obese blimp it wouldn't actually do me much good heath wise would it?

15. ads

ads Member

Dusk is right i think healthy body healthy mind

i work out all the time and it keeps me healthy enough

Ads

16. TranquilWaterfall

TranquilWaterfall Member

being a bigger person i have stuggled with my feelings about how i look ... but eventually after soul searching ..etc ... you come to terms and accept who you are .... the sooner the better -- you then live your life the way it was meant to be lived.

eveyone is gorgeous because they are unique.

17. benj

benj Member

That's great! You're on the right track. I know it's hard, but there's really a lot you can do at home in the way of exercise, getting back in shape, and keeping fit. Also, when you get the opportunity to walk, try running. If you aren't use to it, just go slowly and for short distances at first. You'll be fine. Don't get discouraged, because sometimes it takes time. You'll get there.

You are in a bad situation by being so totally dependent on this one person. Don't you have anyone who can help you out? Parents? Friends? I don't think this guy's right for you. Just my opinion. How did you ever get into such a situation? You've got to figure a way to get out of that mess, seems to me. You need someone who respects you and helps you feel good about yourself. Sorry, I don't have all the answers to help you, I wish I did.

18. Butters

Butters Senior Member

I have always struggled with my outlook on my apperances. I'm pretty skinny, and not very muscular, and there are so many guys around that are buff athletes and such, that I get embarassed by how I look. I don't like to go to pools because I don't like people seeing how skinny and pale white I am...things like that.

19. sweetval

sweetval Member

I don't think you need to join a gym to get/stay in shape.

I do a lot of walking when I'm not hiking or canoeing or kayaking. I walk about 5 miles a day in the summer if I'm not doing something else and I walk at least a couple of miles once school starts.

20. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

after my first baby, my body was so destroyed that i got super depressed and developed an anxiety disorder. it didn't help my body one bit, and refusing to be seen did my soul no good, either. i finally decided that everyone already knows i'm fat, so appearing in my bathing suit isn't going to hurt or shock them. so i got over it. now i can deal with my body in a normal fashion, and i think that really helps with doing the things i have to do to get healthy again.