Why are we ashamed for our bodies?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Gormur

Gormur Member

I have a similar problem...I have a ton of chest hair, but no hair anywhere else on my back or anything..I've thought about just waxing it but I don't know how that'll look either, lol. Whatever.

2. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Yeah true enough-

Young girls are bombarded with > you gotta be thin ,big boobed& have a perfect body. Marketing experts are ruthless !
    Young guys must have 6 pk abs..etc- cant be losing their hair- - etc...
    Im sure you guys have seen all the commercials for doctors that will change your bodies- from perfect teeth to the perfect a$$ - -

This type of marketing, in very effective on young minds who are just beginning to develop relationships, and are beginning their induction into the social part of life's journey.
    All this shit- -effects your self confidence, your self esteem, & the way you feel about yourself inside & out
    Now ,you should be healthy, but we all cant look like movie stars.
    Be OK in your own skin! Dont worry what others think
    Its more important to be beautiful on the inside that outside.
    You do what you can to look your best- then move on.

Now Im 58 yrs old- but I remember the same pressures back in the day.

much peace&respect
    Jack:hat:

3. Shale

Shale ~

Well, if ur male that shouldn't a problem. :p

However, if ur female, altho some weird guys like me could get off on ur chest hair, waxing would prolly be the best. :rolleyes:

4. Shale

Shale ~

Yeah, I read that after running a mile and a half in this Miami Beach heat this morning. Still gotta do some lifting with my 15-pound free weight dumbells.

Too many ppl are content to eat empty calories (I love em too) but not expend the sweat and discomfort of keeping any kind of healthy bod. Some of my running and upper body maintenance is for health, but let's face it, vanity is a reality. I won't look like a movie star, unless ur talking Sean Connery or Anthony Hopkins, but I want to look fairly good for "a man my age."

Too many kids I see are too content to be overweight and flabby. I don't work out excessively as you can tell by my pix here, but I try to keep myself toned - and strong (use it or lose it).

This is where the concern for our overweight population is coming from. The demographics show that too many of us don't fall for that body image advertising, and just like to eat pizza, hamburgers, fries and drive the two blocks to get them.

OK, got my breath back and the A/C is drying me off. This will prolly sound harsh if I read it, so I will post it and debate it later - after I get back from the nude beach where I will unhealthily make my buns (firm for a man my age BTW) tan.

Oh, here is a pic taken last month on a cruiseship where I won some silly ribbon in the Hairiest Chest contest. Kinda proud that I got my bod in this shape and even if it doesn't improve any, I'll try to maintain it for a few more years.

[​IMG]

5. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm there is another way of looking at it.
    Most people can actually have good bodies but they cant be bothered to exercise or eat properly.

I've seen guys , well into their 60s with big muscles and lean frames.
    And Ive even seen guys in their 70s look decades younger.

If people werent so sold on junkfood , or frying in the sun , or watching TV , I think theyd look better.
    Its just knowing what works for u
    And that * doesnt*mean huge amts of time in a gym or starving

6. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Hey Shale-
    How long ago does that pic of 1973 seem??-

and thier may be a bit of connery in ya
    Jjack:hat:

7. Shale

Shale ~

At least a couple lifetimes ago. I work with a 20-year-old and am always amazed at how much of my life is ancient history to her.

8. DandelionDeathmetal

DandelionDeathmetal Member

People are 'ashamed' and 'self concious' because society has beat it into our skulls at a very young and impressionable age that if you're not slim and twiggy, you're disgusting.

It's bullshit.